Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Under profile, Subscriptions tab – Latest activity author url error

• Commandrea
    Participant

@commandrea

On my profile page, under the forums/subscriptions tabs, the author link under ‘last activity’ doesn’t just link to their profile. Instead it adds /forums/subscriptions/ to their profile url/bbp-author-name which takes me to a ‘page not found’ because subscriptions are not visible to other users.

Is this an error and if so, how do I strip or change the /forums/subscriptions/ portion of the url to /profile/ or remove it all together? Can someone confirm what this link looks like on their web forums?

The screenshot is from my profile page while viewing the forum/subscriptions section. The url reflects that as https://sucsforyou.com/members/newbeta/forums/subscriptions/

In the screenshot you’ll see the url in the bottom left corner has added that to the link, while the alt says ‘view profile.’

Thank you! I’m using bbPress with BuddyPress and WordPress- all latest editions.

Subscription tab latest activity author adds /forums/subscriptions/ to 'view profile' url

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Commandrea
    Participant

@commandrea

I’m getting a feeling it’s a canonical error – maybe with Yoast or WordPress’s permalinks. Researching that now.

Commandrea
    Participant

@commandrea

I think I’ve narrowed down the problem to bbp Style Pack. It gives the option to show the author under freshness display, but making that visible under the profile/forum/subscription tabs is causing a conflicting url to be created. I think. I’ll post this with the plugin author and report back.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so not my plugin, but I cannot replicate the error

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Commandrea
    Participant

@commandrea

Thanks Robin – I lose some customizations when switching themes so I’m just going to turn off the author option for now. I’m looking into canonical issues either from WP permalinks or Yoast, or something in bbPress 🙂 If I find a solution, I’ll report back!

Robin W

@robin-w

ok thanks for the update

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar