Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Troubleshooting a WordPress page titled 'forums'

• Paul
    Participant

@pplumridge

Hello, I have the same problem after upgrading from 2.3.2 to 2.5.4. I’ve tried different themes and had the same issue on all.

I found that changing the Forum Root from forums to something else fixed the issue. This might help identify root cause.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • @pplumridge I can’t see how any of the differences in code from 2.5.3 to 2.5.4 could have broken this.

Any chance it’s a permalink conflict? Do you have any posts, pages, maybe even forums or topics using forums as the slug? (Also check the ‘trash’ folders to make sure the post/page isn’t there)

Paul
    Participant

@pplumridge

Hi Stephen, my upgrade was 2.3.2 to 2.5.4 not 2.5.3 to 2.5.3.

You were correct, thank you. The problem was caused by a permalink conflict. The page I am using the shortcode had the slug forums. Changing the slug to something else so it was not the same as the slug used by Forum Root (or visa versa) resolved the issue.

The question remains though, why is this a problem with this version of bbpress over the older version I was using?

Ooops, missed the 2.3.2 😉

I should have said in my previous reply, any conflicting permalinks ‘except’ a page titled forums, indeed using a page titled forums with a shortcode should work just fine.

As you have changed the slug on that conflicting page now could you try creating a new page forums and adding whatever shortcode your using to it, what happens?

Note: I’m splitting this topic to it’s own also as this is a different issue from the original topic.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar