Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics starters create duplicate posts as replies

• DustyWhite
    Participant

@dustywhite

Hi,

I have an ornery, but hopefully easy to solve problem. When I “create a new topic” in my BbPress forum it posts nicely, but then duplicates that post as the first reply. This makes it look like I posted the same information twice. This happens to every new post. It has been going on forever; I just got tired of it. I think it is a checkbox or something level issue. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks in advance.

WordPress 4.2.5 running OneCommunity theme. Yes, this happens on all themes.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• DustyWhite
    Participant

@dustywhite

oops! I forgot to check the box that says “notify me of follow ups,” so I am writing this so I can.

Hi,

I forgot to check the box that says โ€œnotify me of follow ups,โ€
    See to the left of these message, probably the 6th option. You can (un)subscribe by just clicking there ๐Ÿ™‚

but then duplicates that post as the first reply
    The only thing I can think of is another plugin or some code you added in a child theme or functions.php file. Did you try to deactivate other plugins to see it you still had the issue ?

Pascal.

Robkk

@robkk

@dustywhite

Make sure to create a topic and test in a default theme from WordPress to see if the issue persists there too

DustyWhite
    Participant

@dustywhite

I have to apologize. It turns out that this ONLY happens in the latest version of the OneCommunity theme (theme forest). If anyone else is using 1.51 version they should be warned that this is limited to that theme. I apologize for not checking it in 2014, 2015, and other themes.

THANK YOU everyone for the help! ๐Ÿ™‚

I am on the theme designer’s butt about this right now, as the support for that theme is not very good at all.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar