Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics not appearing unless a new theme is loaded!

• demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

I know this is a subject that’s well documented but I can’t work out why my topics and replies are not appearing.

After posting a new topic or reply my posts are not displaying unless I change the theme. This would suggest a cache issue on the WP end but I’ve disabled all plugins, including WP Super Cache and Akismet.

This is a clean install of WordPress with a new database on a brand new URL and I’ve tried refreshing the permalinks. I have tried a number of different themes, from the WordPress ones to Avada. This is not a theme issue.

If I have no plugins running (apart from bbpress of course) and no cache plugins, what might be causing this?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Is the theme you are testing Avada? There could always be a theme that could cause an issue, or even just a new theme update.

demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

Hi Rob,

As I said (in an edit of my OP, which you may have missed), I have tried a number of different themes, including twenty fifteen, twenty fourteen, twenty twelve, Avada, Oceanic… they all demonstrate the same symptoms, and Avada even supports bbpress (as does, I assume, the WordPress themes). All themes are latest versions.

Robkk

@robkk

Link to a forum that should have topics.

Do you have topics present in the backend of WordPress??

demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

In this topic I’ve just posted a reply at 11.41pm. So far it has not appeared:

http://www.oyster-owners.com/forums/topic/this-is-a-third-topic-just-around-7-45-pm/

However it is counted in the back-end of the forum, I just can’t see it.

Also, a reply I put up earlier that did not appear has now appeared after checking four hours later.

There is definitely a delay in the post appearing publicly and on the public-facing count within the forum (i.e. post count does not count the reply until it appears after the delay).

Why would there be a delay? It is not the themes, it’s not a plugin, it is not bbpress. What else could it be?

Robkk

@robkk

I thought wp super cache was disabled, I see this in the source code of the page you linked to.

<!-- Dynamic page generated in 1.134 seconds. -->
    <!-- Cached page generated by WP-Super-Cache on 2015-08-21 00:20:54 -->

<!-- super cache -->

You most likely need to flush the cache to see everything correctly and up to date.

demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

Nope, it is very definitely disabled. Also I loaded a new WordPress install with NO plugins activated (or even installed) bar bbpress and the same problem persisted.

demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

And, as a precaution, I installed nginx cache and flush cache login plugins.

I think this may be a DNS thing…

Robkk

@robkk

Check to see if it is, because I really do see the wp super cache message.

demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

Rob, I don’t wish to be funny but I have many years of web development and wordpress experience! The cache plugin is most definitely not activated.

cache

This is a new website. I wonder if this has something to do with servers not pointing or updating correctly.

demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

Aha! I have solved the problem and I have done it by turning Wp Super Cache ON, not OFF. I then went to the advanced settings and ticked the box that says

Clear all cache files when a post or page is published or updated.

It appears to have sorted the problem out and forum posts now refresh immediately.

Thanks for your patience, Rob.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar