Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

topics never really get input

• when posting a topic within any forum, after I click submit, it goes directly to a This topic has been closed page. Nothing else shows, no errors. Just the standard green bbpress error page.

Anyone else experience this? ANy fixes?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Is the user marked as a bozo or something?

The user is the keymaster or administrator! Nothing can be posted. Everything is immediately closed and actually never shows up in the database at all. This happens everytime I install it. I am using version 1 beta 6.

Are you sure you’re pointed to the right DB and that your ID/password for the DB is correct (and has access to write to the DB)?

Positive. I am also getting this message on every install :

>>> WordPress “auth” cookie salt not set.

>>>>>> Could not fetch “auth” cookie salt from the WordPress options table.

>>>>>> You will need to manually define the “auth” cookie salt in your database.

>>> WordPress “logged in” cookie salt not set.

>>>>>> Could not fetch “logged in” cookie salt from the WordPress options table.

>>>>>> You will need to manually define the “logged in” cookie salt in your database.

Not sure if that matters.

AND This is at the top :

DB Error in BB_Install::process_form_finalise_installation: Table ‘wpmu.wp_options’ doesn’t exist

SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘auth_salt’ LIMIT 1

DB Error in BB_Install::process_form_finalise_installation: Table ‘wpmu.wp_options’ doesn’t exist

SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘secure_auth_salt’ LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘logged_in_salt’ LIMIT 1

This is insane. have anyone had a problem installing all of this on a WAMP environment?? I just installed everything on MAMP and all works as it should. First time.

Interestingly enough, I got it to work flawlessly on a localhost install I just did. Didn’t change the installation at all though, so I’m not sure what’s happening here.

It looks like it can’t see your database (table’s not existing and all that), which is why I asked about the permissions and user id etc etc. Check table name, SQL ID access, etc. bbPress isn’t seeing your shared DB, which is why nothing’s getting written.

Past that, I’m not sure why it couldn’t write. Typos and permissions are the top causes for that.

ipstenu, that was what I thought too, but forums can be created so it cannot be the issue. I’m still not 100% on what the issue is yet. But I am pretty sure the issue lies in the bb-post.php file some where.

http://webomania.wordpress.com/2006/10/01/out-of-range-value-adjusted-for-column-error/ this was the solution to my problem. Not sure why it was needed, but all is well in whoville now.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar