Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics browser not working

• LBandy
    Participant

@lbandy

Hello,

I’m having an issue where the topic browser is not working. On the links, I’m seeing forums/page/2, but when clicked, it redirects to the home page. I checked my redirection rules, but I couldn’t find anything that could cause the issue. The site is live at https://overheadgames.com/forums/

Any advice?

Appreciate all the help!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• LBandy
    Participant

@lbandy

Any ideas on this?

Robin W

@robin-w

try

dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save – that resets the permalinks

If that does not work, then it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

LBandy
    Participant

@lbandy

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your suggestions! This plugin seems to be very helpful for Troubleshooting.

I tried both of your suggestions to no avail. Saving the permalinks didn’t change the links, and the same behavior occurs.

Disabling all plugins and reverting my Theme to Twnetytwenty allowed me to observe a “404 Not Found” error without being redirected to the home page. It seems like these links like “forums/page/2/” point to non-existing pages, and bbPress doesn’t pick up what topics should be displayed there.

Any other ideas on how can I further investigate the issue?

Robin W

@robin-w

is this public, and if so link please

LBandy
    Participant

@lbandy

Yes, it’s public, please check link in the original post.

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, working across many things and missed that.

so that page is made up of ‘all topics’ and ‘recent topics’ – are these shortcodes on a page, or how is this page content created?

LBandy
    Participant

@lbandy

No worries Robin, I appreciate you are trying to help!

Your question raises a very valid point – I didn’t think it could be related. I currently have my Forums page set up like this:

Recent topics

[bbp-topic-index]

All topics

[bbp-forum-index]

LBandy
    Participant

@lbandy

Alright so your question led me to test out different configurations and I managed to get the issue sorted.

Basically, I had the forum root set to “forums”, while also had my main forum page set under the “forums” permalink. This blocked redirection to all forums/page/number, so resetting my main page to the “forum” permalink now allowed redirection to work correctly.

Sorry for raising the issue in the first place, and I really appreciate your comments since they led me to realize what the issue was. Thank you again!

Robin W

@robin-w

hey no problem, glad you are fixed !!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar