Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics and replies are not showing

• asmedej
    Participant

@asmedej

hello everyone

I have an issue with bbpress forum where topics and replies are not showing.

I’ll start from the beginning, in the beginning all was working fine, all topics and replies were visible and all was OK, but because my forum is in russian language the links were in russian, so I’ve decided to try Cyr-To-Lat plugin which would transform my urls to latin, which was good, and still everything work, BUT I wanted to try another plugin, so I’ve installed Cyr-To-Lat reloaded, there I was asked to trasnlate all urls to latin, I accepted and since it stopped working. Ofcourse my first step was to uninstall that plugin, but it did not resolve.

I’ve searched internet and tried different solutions:
    – Deactivating all plugins – not ok
    – Changing theme – not ok
    – Clicking on permalinks – not ok
    – Regenerating .htaaccess file – not ok
    – Trying a fix which I found (http://www.rewweb.co.uk/bbpress-wp4-fix/) -> OK

Yes it seems there is a fix which resolves the issue BUT the problem was not with wordpress or something, but a plugin which broke it, now, my question how can I undo it, or how can I resolve without that fix, because it was working fine ….

I suppose that plugin left something, or was maybe not deleted fully, there is some function maybe somewhere which doesn’t show my topics and replies. If I check the solution basically it has something to do with this function: function fb_search_filter which excludes those topics from my forum.

I could use that fix, but as I said it was working before so I think that plugin broke it ….

Any idea how to fix it? Which steps to take?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• asmedej
    Participant

@asmedej

I’ve found this error as well, might it cause it, it started from when i tried that plugin

=> [17-Jul-2019 06:13:52 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/…./wp-content/themes/theme/includes/bbp-functions.php on line 265

Robin W

@robin-w

I’m author of that fix.

It may well be something that coincided with you installing that plugin – maybe a theme or another plugin update, updating wordpress, or even your host updating versions of php.

The error you quote is a function in your THEME affecting a bbpress function. Your theme author has decided to re-write some bbpress functions by the look of it. So looks like that error (which may or may not be the issue – I suspect not) is one to take up with your theme author

You could spend days working out what the issue is, if the fix works, then I’d tend to just use it.

Robin W

@robin-w

but if you really want to debug

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

asmedej
    Participant

@asmedej

Robin, thanks for answer, and thanks for the fix, but adding extra server code without need is not always a good thing to do.

Although, I think I found the problem plugin, and it seems that it is a Modern Events Calendar, so when i disabled it, everything was OK, BUT I don’t understand why all of a sudden there is conflict with bbpress, as I stated before everything was working fine.

Maybe I should contact Mec calendar …

Robin W

@robin-w

suspect that modern events calander has had an update.

I agree that ‘adding extra server code without need’ is a good policy, but unless you get modern events calendar to understand the issue and then fix, then the answer is that you need the fix 🙂

I suspect they will simply say it is a bbpress issue, which in a way it is

asmedej
    Participant

@asmedej

Yes, I remember now, that I’ve updated yday that calendar … I’ve contacted them to resolve it. But for now yes I will use your fix and when they fix the plugin i will disable it, but I think i will keep it for the future. And I have to be more careful of updating plugins like that directly.

thanks anyway

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem !!

fcaporal
    Participant

@fcaporal

Is this related to this thread?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar