Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Topic Reply "Edit" Display Issue.

• RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
    Participant

@rigormortis_uk

I’ve got a strange layout issue on my bbpress forums where if you try to edit a “reply” in a topic the page content is cut off by a div; this doesnt effect editing the very first post of any topic however; which is strange because all the code, CSS classes etc look the same. I thought maybe a bbpress reply page used a different template.. but I’m not sure.

Please see image.

Link to image with further details

Certainly hope someone can help as this is driving me nuts and I’ve spent ages getting the rest of bbpress to fit my theme only to discover this bug now πŸ™

Please help!

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
    Participant

@rigormortis_uk

I’m running the latest version of WordPress and bbPress (forget to mention that, sorry)

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
    Participant

@rigormortis_uk

Just to add, it almost seems like the form content for bbpress isn’t pushing the div.container margin down for some reason. Is there any CSS code I could add to the bbpress CSS file to force the height of the form to push the div container down to fit?

Removing what I highlight in the image makes the content visable but when reszing the editor it doesn’t resize the container but this all works like a dream when editing the very first post in the thread which is causing me utter confusion…

hypnoscribe
    Participant

@hypnoscribe

Im having the exact same issue… I did trie to find info on the net. The only thing i did find with this problem is this thread. I do not know how to create a ticket or event if this is worthy of creating one. Wooul really appreciate some info on this.

Thank you!!

πŸ™‚

This is fixed in the next release (any day now)

hypnoscribe
    Participant

@hypnoscribe

Wow, thank you very much for the fast response!!! πŸ™‚

hypnoscribe
    Participant

@hypnoscribe

Hmmm… Just updated the plugin… Still having the same problem… πŸ™

robotcake
    Participant

@robotcake

Actually when I click edit the reply it will redirect me to somewhere else not relevant and say no topics found…

hypnoscribe
    Participant

@hypnoscribe

Hmmmm, i dont think that is the same issue… But indeed, that is a probelm!

@robotcake Try running the ‘Repair Forums’ toolΒ https://codex.bbpress.org/repair-forums/

Verra
    Participant

@nguyenkinh

Exactly the same problem, I have also fixed a lot of errors for fitting my WP theme, starting feel like heaven and discover this bug. Please help!
    The repair step not work, it’s something about the theme because switch to twentyeleven it works.

Verra
    Participant

@nguyenkinh

Wow, I think I got it, wait a minute…

Verra
    Participant

@nguyenkinh

Hi guy! I FIXED IT, be in heaven again.
    Here’s my solution, as I said before, it’s about your theme. You should browse to your WordPress theme folder, open the style.css and if your problem are the same as mine you should find some code like this:
    .reply {
    margin: 10px 20px 0 0;
    text-align: left;
    text-transform: none;
    font-size: 12px;
    position: relative;
    height: 25px
    overflow: hidden;
    position: relative;
    right: -20px;
    }

Now you just simply put 2 lines
    height: 25px
    overflow: hidden;

in the comment or just delete it, cause I found in bbpress.css there is the id name reply, it was overide by WordPress.
    If you need more details, email me.

hypnoscribe
    Participant

@hypnoscribe

This is the content of my themes css. Cant see the code you are refering ton in there… πŸ™

{snip}

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@hypnoscribe – Please don’t post big code dumps; it’s not easy to read and easily accessible by linking to your site, a pastebin, or any other place.

@netweb
    – If you’re going to answer questions, make sure they’re the correct answers. πŸ™‚

Looking just a bit deeper in Inspector, you’ll notice the CSS isn’t part of WordPress or bbPress. Like @nguyenkinh said, this is a problem with the CSS in your theme.

hypnoscribe
    Participant

@hypnoscribe

Ok, sorry for that… Still, im am new to all this. I am not afraid to get my hands dirty. But what exactly should i be looking for in the css code? I tried testing the default bbpress theme and the problem is not there… So yes, this is a theme problem… :/

robotcake
    Participant

@robotcake

my problem should be a conflict with transposh, when disable it I can edit topic I have no idea how to solve though πŸ™

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar