Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

topic post type issue

• fdecicco
    Participant

@fdecicco

i am trying to integrate bbPress on a site that has a custom post type of ‘topic’ and this seems to be preventing me from getting bbpress working. I cannot get to the topics page for any forums as the custom post type somehow redirects all the links.

Any idea of what I might be able to do to get around this issue. changing the topic post type that already exists is not an option at this point.

I already tried to change the bbPress settings but nothing seems to make a difference. I am totally out of ideas and things to try.

thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• fdecicco
    Participant

@fdecicco

sorry,
    the conflict is with a custom taxonomy named Topics, not a post type as I thought before.

It seems that I should be able to change the slug for bbPress but not sure how and where. The settings page does not do it.

Robkk

@robkk

You are probably going to have to rename the custom post type “topic” in bbPress then. And areas that might be needed to modify the topic post type.

I think you need to check out the bbpress.php file in the bbPress plugin where the custom post types are registered. There might be a filter you can use that will make you be able to modify the code externally and safely without changing the core files internally, which I don’t suggest you do if you are a beginner in coding.

fdecicco
    Participant

@fdecicco

I was afraid of that.
    Thank you for the help.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar