Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Tiny font size on bbPress on brand new install

• steve02476
    Participant

@steve02476

I have a brand new WordPress site v5.3 and just installed bbPress v2.6.2. I’m using the Twenty-twenty theme (one of the official WP themes). The site isn’t public yet so I don’t want to include a link.

bbPress seems to be functioning ok on my site but the font size is tiny, much smaller than the type on other parts of the WP site. I can’t see any way to adjust it.

Did some searching on the bbPress site and I guess the font size can be changed in CSS files but that’s a little too deep for me right now. Is there something else I can do? I’m willing to use a different WP theme if that would help.

If it absolutely must be adjusted in a CSS file can you help me finding the right file location?

Thanks so much!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

steve02476
    Participant

@steve02476

Thanks for the suggestion, Robin, much appreciated.

I guess I’ll try it but TBH I’m trying to use the bare minimum of “extras” on my site since I’m so new at WordPress. Does the extremely small font used by bbPress not show up for others? Or is it just expected that one will either go into the CSS files or else one would use this plugin?

If the latter, are there other plugins that are sort of standard to use with bbPress?

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress just uses your theme’s font, so theme related.

you can amend the css

bbPress Styling Crib

steve02476
    Participant

@steve02476

Thanks, that super helpful!

Much obliged

steve02476
    Participant

@steve02476

I installed the bbp style pack and changed the various font sizes to 18px and now they look much more reasonable.

Thanks so much for the recommendation and for all the work you have clearly put it on the plugin!

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed !

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar