Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

theme help please

• Hello,i have a site called azcs.co.uk, im using wordpress and bbpress and im trying to make the forum like my word press with no joy yet, i also whant to know how can i the Latest Discussions show only latest 5 posts only and on the forums i have forums saying modding, software and gaming i want to make these in bold and the background a different colour so that they stand out i also would like to know how to put a background image on the bbpress.

i hope this is not too much to ask

the forum can be found at forum.azcs.co.uk

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Actually it is too much unless someone can really write tutorials here for such things. No Offence but It would be better to hire a freelancer if you really don’t know what are you doing. (You will waste much of your time and if you are here to learn then read on)

Q1>> Use a variable to count for each topic displayed and then break out of loop when it reaches the value (5). In theme folder, you need to edit front-page.php

Q2>> Increase the font instead of making a link bold. Use CSS here.

Q3>> For background-image use CSS to specify for DIV body

i managed to fix everything apart from the image for background

Good!

For body use

body {
    background-image:url('img.gif');
    }

what do you use to edit, i got dreamweaver i just wanted to know if there is any better editors, i have done that just uploading it now will let you know how it goes,

i have done what you have said and it still not working, im using the kakumei theme if it helps

Add that in style sheet. I use Notepad++ for all my coding needs.

You need to check out where you want the background i.e. the background of which DIV and then you can add this into style sheet :

#DIV_WHERE_YOU_WANT_BG {
    background-image:url('img.gif');
    }

and the path to the image is relative to the file. make sure it is correct too.

i want the hole forum to have the background

i got the image i want on the bottom of the forum i want the hole of it like it

Now that DIV you need to find out yourself.

Install Firebug (Firefox Add-on).

Open your forum and press F12.

Now find the respective DIV.

You are new to CSS. So go by Hit n Trial method ;)

noob here DIV?

<div id="blah">
    <div class="box">
    Content
    </div>
    <div class="box">
    Content
    </div>
    <div class="box">
    Content
    </div>
    </div>

These are containers to hold data. A bigger container can have a smaller container ;)

Page contents are divided in DVIs and then styling to these contents is applied through CSS.

Got it now?

I DID IT!!!!!

THANK YOU SOO MUCH, IT WAS THAT FIRE FOX THING THAT HELPED. THANK YOU ASHFAME SOO MUCH

SO HAPPY NOW BEEN ON THIS FOR OVER A WEEK

THANKS

Please don’t use Capital letters. Its considered as shouting.

Glad that you did it. :)

thanks for your help

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar