Categories
Search
Bottom

Suggestion for bbPress and SEO by Yoast

• Pavle123
    Participant

@pavle123

Hello guys,

As you know forums can be dangerous in SEO unless all of your topics contain lots of content and information.

I would not like to get a Penguin penalty in future, just because I have a forum.

It is impossible all forum topics to be “thick”. There are ones who are “thin” and which we might not want to index.

So, can authors of the plugin contact YOAST perhaps, and ask, if it would be possible to have an option to index only either “popular topics” or topics with lots of content.

What do you guys think about this?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

@pavle123 ask the guy on Qucksprout , he runs bbPress ask him if its bad for SEO

i dont think there would be a problem though.

Pavle123
    Participant

@pavle123

@robkk

I will do that. But this is something that John M. a man in charge of Google WebSpam team said. He said that in order to have forum and good SEO, you need to make sure that no spammy links are posted, that content is good, and if possible to make sure to show or index only what is relevant. If possible find a way to show only popular or lengthy topics.

Honestly, would you like to have “meet and greet” topics and those sort of stuff indexed?

Google wants from us only the best, and it would be good if Yoast and guys from BB could find a solution for this. I am sure it´s not something that complicated.

What do you guys think?

Pavle123
    Participant

@pavle123

I tried getting in touch with JJJ and Yoast about this addition or whatsoever , but had no success..Perhaps someone else will.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar