Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

sub topics not showing

• haddly
    Participant

@haddly

Hi, I have two main topics and they have 4 and 3 subtopics respectively. For some reason, only the main topics on my forum page https://www.apis.de/forum/ are showing. I believe this changed with a recent update to either WordPress or BBpress. How do I display the sub-topics of each of the main 2 forum topics as well plz?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

2.6.1 should fix this, if not then go into the forum and just click save, that seems to have fixed some others with this issue

haddly
    Participant

@haddly

Hi, I have 2.6.2 installed. But what do you mean “go into the forum and click save”? I don’t have the option to save…
    I want to “Settings | Forum” and clicked save at the bottom, but this didn’t do anything.
    thx

Robin W

@robin-w

dashboard>forums>edit forums>select forum>edit>click update

haddly
    Participant

@haddly

Hi, thx but this didn’t work either. I also tried deactivating and reactivating the plugin.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

2.6.2 was just released about an hour ago, so you couldn’t have been using it yesterday unless you were pulling from the development repository and compiling it yourself. It’s great if you were, it’s just that most people don’t! 😀

Clivesmith
    Participant

@clivesmith

Hi,

I have just updated to 2.6.2 your just released version and it still does not work.

Regards
    Clive

Robin W

@robin-w

link to your site so we can see the problem?

Clivesmith
    Participant

@clivesmith

Hi Robin,

I have just been testing on my development site as the sub forums are a major part. I will change the front page and update now. The website is wateratairports.com the countries sub forums should be on the front page under countries.

Clive

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

If you have any caching plugins installed, can you purge or flush them?

If not, then we could probably use some more help, because it seems like this bug is difficult to track down.

Clivesmith
    Participant

@clivesmith

I have no caching plugin, am I the only one who still has this problem now ?

Clivesmith
    Participant

@clivesmith

I have inspect data from comparing the pre 2.6 and latest version as seen on Chrome
    I can see the difference but cannot get to show it here “IMG” does not seem to work so I don’t know how to put a picture here.

Clivesmith
    Participant

@clivesmith

OK I think if you look here you should see old forum code
    https://wateratairports.com/oldforumscode/

and here is new
    https://wateratairports.com/newforumcode/

hydrogriff
    Participant

@hydrogriff

I tried 2.6.2 as well. As reported in the Child CSS post, I am facing this issue as well. Sub-forums are not displayed. I did purge the cache and tried saving forums too. The following things are not working.

• Subforums wont display
    • Replies to topic wont display
    • Custom CSS won’t load

@johnjamesjacoby
    , if it’s any help, I found these info after testing other versions of BBPress.

The subforums and replies were still working in 2.6-beta-1 and 2.6-beta-2.

Additional information:

• CSS stopped working since 2.6-beta-1.
    • Replies to topics stopped working since 2.6-rc-1.
    • Subforum display stopped working in 2.6-rc-7.

haddly
    Participant

@haddly

I would like to second what @hydrogriff said. After installing 2.6-beta-1 the sub-topics reappeared.

Robin W

@robin-w

@clivesmith – do you still have a problem, I can see all your countries listed in the forums

Robin W

@robin-w

@hydrogriff – do you still have issues?

Clivesmith
    Participant

@clivesmith

Hi Robin,

Yes the problem is still there, the countries should be listed on the home page under the countries forum, directly under the line of text ” Airports are listed under the country they are in. ”

Robin W

@robin-w

can you contact me via

http://www.rewweb.co.uk

hydrogriff
    Participant

@hydrogriff

@robin-w, as of version 2.6.2 I am still facing these three issues – css not loading, subforums not loading, replies to topics not showing up.

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem, I am working on possible solutions

haddly
    Participant

@haddly

Hi, just to let you know, Version 2.6.3 has not solved the issue.

hydrogriff
    Participant

@hydrogriff

@johnjamesjacoby and @robin-w, can we expect a fix for the css and subforum issue in 2.6.4? Sorry to keep bumping. I just checked 2.6.3 release log and these issues weren’t addressed.

brandaoj
    Participant

@brandaoj

Hi,

I have the same issue and 2.6.3 does not fixed it.

brandaoj
    Participant

@brandaoj

Hi,

I have the same issue and 2.6.3 did not fixed it.

sblwp
    Participant

@sblwp

Hi,
    I have a similar issue (Version 2.6.3, no subform displayed on the forum page) but one interesting difference :
    One of the parent category forum is displayed as wished with the subforums underneath.
    The difference I see with the other categories is that the others have a description text and not this one. Do you think this could be a reason ?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar