Categories
Search
Bottom

Sticky and Super Sticky topics are making pagination count show wrong values

• subrat4dc
    Participant

@subrat4dc

Hi!,

I have kept two topics as super sticky and the same are showing under each forum topics due to which the “bbp-pagination-count” shows wrong results but the same get fixed in next page (i.e. page 2).

e.g.

First page: Viewing 16 topics – 1 through 15 (of 221 total)

*** showing one extra topic and total count is 220 but showing 221.

Second page: Viewing 15 topics – 16 through 30 (of 220 total)

Also, I have noticed that, one of my topic is showing twice i.e. on first as well as on second page. I am puzzled what to do with these two issues.

Please help!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I have kept two topics as super sticky and the same are showing under each forum topics due to which the โ€œbbp-pagination-countโ€ shows wrong results but the same get fixed in next page (i.e. page 2).

Also, I have noticed that, one of my topic is showing twice i.e. on first as well as on second page.

This might be related to this issue, if you the topic you are seeing is a sticky topic.
    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1642

You can Try to see if this works for the first issue you are seeing though.

Go to the repair tools in Tools > Forums and try running

Recalculate the sticky relationship of each topic

and

Count topics in each forum

Make sure to run them separately and see if that fixes your first issue.

subrat4dc
    Participant

@subrat4dc

Hi! Robkk,

I have aleady tried your suggestion before posting it to bbpress forum but no solution till now.

๐Ÿ™

subrat4dc
    Participant

@subrat4dc

I have again tested and check the sticky and pagination count by keeping sticky and super sticky for newer posts and also repaired the counts, this time i have observed the correct count.

Now, my question is, is it possible to make the sticky post visible as sticky or super sticky for a particular duration which can be set through admin panel and after completing the duration that particular post with sticky or super sticky type will convert to normal type?

Need suggestions.

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Now, my question is, is it possible to make the sticky post visible as sticky or super sticky for a particular duration which can be set through admin panel and after completing the duration that particular post with sticky or super sticky type will convert to normal type?

Not currently, sounds like a great idea for a plugin.

Maybe even forking this plugin would give a head start:
    https://github.com/thebrandonallen/bbp-auto-close-topics

subrat4dc
    Participant

@subrat4dc

Thanks Stephen for the link.

I will try to make one.

๐Ÿ™‚

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Cool ๐Ÿ™‚ So rather than “closing a topic”, you’d “unstick a topic” ๐Ÿ™‚

subrat4dc
    Participant

@subrat4dc

yes and would like to give admin authority to automate this process based on time.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar