Soon to come, the WP Gathering theme for bbPress..
What I’m probably going to do is, just use the CSS file codes that I had, for when using the Forum Category enhancement with my bbPress forums. It’s not going to be a big deal if those Forum Category CSS codes are in the stylesheet anyway.
For those running the Forum Cat enhancement, or not, I’ll release a Gathering theme version for either route. A) One for the plain Jane bbPress users, and One for those that are already using the Forum Category enhancement.
Please note though, that this theme will be an AS-IS type of deal!!
I’ll try to give a helping hand, and try my best to provide “support” for it, but, I’m just a really, really busy person sigh. I barely have time to sleep and stuff… Besides, if any problems arise, your answers should be, or, could easily be answered here, since it’s basically just a theme. If you happen to have issues with the Forum Cat enhancement patch itself, I’m sure Sam would be happy to help you..
Anyway, here’s what’s on my TO-DO list, starting now!
1) Delete all the current plugins on my forums, so I have a total plain Jane bbPress install to work with…
2) On the localhost/computer .. make up the “Gathering” theme on the latest Trunk files of bbPress. With, and without the files containing the Forum Cat enhancement edits… (Again, this theme should (generally) still work for .80, however, not sure about the backwards compatibility for the forum Categories enhancement though)…
3) Download the latest copies of the plugins I deleted, tweak the new ones, upload and install them…
4) Try and get some kinks out of the theme, which happens when using some certain plugins sigh..
5) Release two copies of the Gathering theme, one for plain Jane bbPress users, and one for those already using the Forum Category enhancement…
6) Then I’ll probably apply the theme I just spent the last 3 days on, non-stop, which I put up on my Vindictive Bastard blog… I’ll apply that on my spencerp.net blog then too.. and make it a theme for bbPress as well … whee! What you think? http://www.vindictivebastard.net/
7) I’ll try and actually get some sleep!! Geesh, I’m beat!
Anyway, I’ll keep everyone updated on this.. thanks for your time..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.