Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Simple-Press to bbPress, all posts are by admin?

• Dan
    Participant

@thedan1984

I’m using the Simple:Press to bbPress importer that comes with the latest version of bbPress. I am currently running the most recent version of WordPress and have Simple:Press 5.1.4.

The topic/replies imported perfectly, with exception to one bit. The forum thinks all the posts it imported were created by user 1, the main site Admin.

I have run “Recount topics for each user” and “Recount replies for each user” but they didn’t appear to fix it (and I’m guessing they aren’t meant for this purpose, based on their labeling)

I was wondering if anyone else was having similar issues.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • If you are using the same WordPress install that SimplePress uses you don’t need to import the users. If you use a new install of WordPress you need to select the option ‘Convert Users’ to have the importer bring the existing users into the fresh WordPress install.

Dan
    Participant

@thedan1984

I am using the same install. I guess my question is still the same. How do I get bbPress to realize these topics/replies are by other users, not by user #1 (Admin)

I can only think this is a glitch in the matrix that something strange happened during the import.

Are you able to try importing again?

Dan
    Participant

@thedan1984

I’ve got it all on a development setup, so I’ll give it a “reset” to what I had prior and try again. I should mention, I have a database with about 108,000 users but there’s only around 2,000 total posts (mix of inactivity and I’ve only had Simple-Press enabled for a a few months but we have some valuable content) – Could this be the root of the problem?

No none of that should be a problem… That is a HUGE number of users so presumably if WordPress ‘was/is’ able to handle that amount without issue then bbPress won’t have a problem either.

Dan
    Participant

@thedan1984

Just finished a re-import. It went a lot better! Thanks for that tip.

It does bring up another issue though. There’s a handful of posts still show UserID1 as the poster, and under their Avatar (on the left side of the post) it reads (null)

I will try to fiddle around some more tonight with it. I just figured I’d mention it just in case it was a common issue. I haven’t fully investigated it yet, so it may just be users who no longer exist or something.

That is not a known issue… I would dig around to see if SimplePress has/had any custom attributes attached to that user and also what WordPress role does the user has to see if something somewhere else has played around with user roles and/or capabilities.

Dan
    Participant

@thedan1984

Can’t seem to spot a trend. I’m also noticing a lot of oddities. The “Group Forum” index from BuddyPress shows there are forums, within groups, that have posts. When I click to view any of the threads that show up on the Group Forum index, it says there are no posts.

Something must be misconfigured, as I can’t imagine WordPress & BuddyPress & bbPress should be this complicated. I’ll go back to the drawing boards and re-read some of the documentation.

Thanks for helping me get the majority of the user-issue figured out.

fontadoni
    Participant

@fontadoni

I just converted my forums from the standalone version of bbpress to the plugin version of bbpress. Even thought we’re not talking about the same thing here, I did have to experiment a little bit with the settings during the import to finally get it right around the third time.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar