Categories
Search
Bottom

Similar to PHPBB

• allanlud
    Participant

@allanlud

Hi all,

I have just installed bbpress here – forum.I’ve been looking through the forums here and found a few posts relating to the style of PHPBB.

What I am trying to do is have something like the this:

Forum#1
    –Sub Forum #1
    —-Description
    –Sub Forum #2
    —-Description

Forum#2
    –Sub Forum #1
    —-Description
    –Sub Forum #2
    —-Description

Forum#3
    –Sub Forum #1
    —-Description
    –Sub Forum #2
    —-Description

And have topics for each sub forum displayed – hope that makes sense. I’m not too sure about forums & categories so feel free to comment.

I have read about editing the plugin files in a child theme but not too sure how to go about that. I have worked with child themes in WordPress before (and am currently), but is there a ‘plugin child theme’?

Thanks,
    Al.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

see if this helps, copy the link and search google

github.com/robkk/bbPress-Hierarchical-Forum-and-Category-Layout

download the .zip file and upload the loop-forums.php file to your bbpress folder in your child theme.

you create a category by create selecting new forum in the WordPress backend and changing the type to category.

to put forums under each category make sure all the forums you want under a specific category has the parent as that category

the docs should help out alot for learing how to use a child theme for your bbPress installation

Codex

Robkk

@robkk

see if this helps

https://github.com/robkk/bbPress-Hierarchical-Forum-and-Category-Layout

download the .zip file and upload the loop-forums.php file to your bbpress folder in your child theme.

you create a category by create selecting new forum in the WordPress backend and changing the type to category.

to put forums under each category make sure all the forums you want under a specific category has the parent as that category

the docs should help out alot for learing how to use a child theme for your bbPress installation

Codex

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar