Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

sidebar widget "forum List" not showing up

• Marion Peterson
    Participant

@marion-peterson

I am adding a member forum section to a church website. It is just for congregation members to communicate with each other once logged in. The board wants only one main forum in which all topics will be listed/added. I have added the (bbPress) Forums List to the sidebar widget area, but it does not show up. When I log in, I see “member login” with my user name and below that “recent topics” with all topics listed in the right sidebar. The “forum List” does not appear at all, making it very confusing to navigate the topic threads. I don’t know css and am totally lost here, so please be kind and very specific with your help. 🙂

My WordPress version is 4.1.1 and we are using the “Risen” Theme.
    bbPress version is 2.5.4, I am also using bbl style pack and bbPress WP Tweaks 1.3.1
    the site is http://www.uugrassvalley.org

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

can you see the forum list widget on any page if you deactivate bbPress WP Tweaks??

Marion Peterson
    Participant

@marion-peterson

I deactivated bbPress WP Tweaks and it still does not show up. Otherwise, nothing has changed.

Robkk

@robkk

troubleshoot to find if you can pinpoint the problem.

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

Marion Peterson
    Participant

@marion-peterson

Unfortunately, deactivating all plugins did not help. I did not test a default theme.

If I create a child theme and install the bbpress codes, will I still potentially have a problems with this, or will this no longer be an issue then?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar