Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Show User/Member Join Date

• gdelle
    Participant

@gdelle

Ive been searching all over for this. Ive tried plugins, etc and some info I come across here is very old…

Looking to add the members join date under the avatar so all members can see or somewhere in their profile page?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

You can use something like this.

Add this php code snippet into your child themes functions.php file or add the function to a plugin like functionality.

add_action( 'bbp_theme_after_topic_author_details', 'rkk_add_register_date' );
    add_action( 'bbp_theme_after_reply_author_details', 'rkk_add_register_date' );
    function rkk_add_register_date() {{ ?>
      <span class="bbp-user-register-time">
        <?php printf( __( 'Member since: %s',    'bbpress' ),
        date( get_option( 'date_format' ), strtotime( get_the_author_meta( 'user_registered' ) ) )
        ); ?>
      </span>
    <?php }}

gdelle
    Participant

@gdelle

Do I just copy and paste that in the functions.php file?

Thank you for the reply. 🙂

David Tierney
    Participant

@big-dave

Yes, if a functions file exists, you would copy and past it there, anywhere before the closing php tag if there is one at the end of the functions file. You should see bunches of code in your functions.php file so you do not want to break up any group of code, just like the group above needs to be together with itself as he wrote it.

IF you do not have a functions.php file in your child theme, you can create one. Read up here to learn more. https://codex.wordpress.org/Functions_File_Explained

gdelle
    Participant

@gdelle

I got it to work in the forums. Thanks again. 🙂

Any way to add the join date within profiles?

Robkk

@robkk

Yeah I think it is better for profiles.

Add this hook to the function.

add_action( 'bbp_template_after_user_profile', 'rkk_add_register_date' );

theredheadhenry
    Participant

@theredheadhenry

I have a question on this method. I’m working on a site that’s currently not live yet and I used this snippit of code, and it worked great!

However the joined date for all my subscribed users profiles are all showing the same date and year as my admins profile. I set these users up as dummy profiles on the same computer I made the admin.

Does this have something to do with the IP address?

Thanks!

treeflips
    Participant

@treeflips

@theredheadhenry, did you create them all on the same day?

sumitseo
    Participant

@sumitseo

Add this php code snippet into themes functions.php file but did not happen any changes

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I have just tried it and it works fine for me 🙂 I have it showing under their avatar info on the topic. Only thing I changed was “Member since:” -> “Date joined:”

Thanks for sharing @Robkk.

thietkewebbatdongsan
    Participant

@thietkewebbatdongsan

You can use the Ultimate Member plugin. I used at this site you can see the demo https://thietkewebsitebatdongsan.com.vn/

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

As already mentioned I have the information displayed with the functions code tweak. Thanks for the referral to the plugin though.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar