Categories
Search
Bottom

Secure Forum attachments are available through Google Search

• LDP-154
    Participant

@ldp-154

Hello:
    Using the following: (Twenty Thirteen, WP 4.0.1, bbPress 2.5.4, bbPress-Admin Bar 1.7.1, bbPress-Email notifications 0.3, s2Member 141007)

We can no longer add attachments (pdf docs, and the like) into Forum Topics. Previous attachments into Topics are also no longer available or present in the older Topic posts.

The Media Library shows the attachments as linked to the Topic post and a separate page for the file when opened with limited settings available in the sidebar when you view the Media Library item (Forum post attachment).

The Forum Topic post attachment capability was available prior to recent updates of WP and our plug-ins. Also, more strangely, – prior attachments that were no longer viewable in the Topics became viewable on the open web through Google search of our domain name. The path of the files were shown as “/wp-contents/uploads/2014” even though the documents were posted/attached in a secure (“Subcriber” login required) Forum. The world could see our file attachments but not our secured users, ironically enough.

I’m totally confused now with the settings of s2Member and bbPress that will allow secured users to attach files to their Topic posts without them being viewable by the world. The option to attach a file to a Forum Topic post, is in fact, now gone. We did use Forums to post documents to logged in user members to our site under a specific Subject. Is there a better way or am I missing new settings somewhere?

I appreciate your help or suggestions. Thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

i think maybe noinexing images , and not putting images in your sitemap might fix it.

it will noindex images on your blog posts too though, which indexing images is pretty good for SEO.

at least if you want people visiting your website from an images section in a search engine.

im not sure enough about this since you might be using a certain plugin to even deliver attachments to your forums.

i recommend hiring a developer to fix this issue.

highlight and search this link in google

jobs.wordpress.net/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar