Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Search not working in default theme (twentyfifteen)

• peetrike
    Participant

@peetrike

Why is search not working in the new default theme? It is working fine in twentyfourteen, but not in twentyfifteen.
    Please fix this.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• peetrike
    Participant

@peetrike

any idea?

peetrike
    Participant

@peetrike

Still no replies? Finding the solution to the forum Search problem should be the main priority as twentyfifteen is the default theme of WordPress.
    I’m surprised that an issue as important as this has not yet been tackled.

Robkk

@robkk

it worked when i just tested it on my local development area.

see if its a plugin issue

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

peetrike
    Participant

@peetrike

Ok, thanks for your reply. But disabling all plugins didn’t fix the problem. The forum search was still not working. Somewhy it just shows only the most recent wordpress post in search results, no matter what I type in the search field. But when I switch themes (to twentythirteen or twentyfourteen, the forum search is working just fine.

So it can’t be a plugin problem, it must be a theme problem.

Or maybe it is some sort of database problem (as I recently migrated to another server)? But then how is it possible that it is working fine using other themes?

Robkk

@robkk

i think i found it, i had the bbpress templates copied to my child theme of twenty-fifteen and it worked, i then removed it and i saw exactly what you explained.

you have to copy the bbPress templates to a folder called bbpress in your child-theme

follow this document and see if it fixes your issue.

https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/

peetrike
    Participant

@peetrike

This worked. That was a very strange solution/workaround but it worked! Thousand thanks!

Robkk

@robkk

@peetrike i know right , it was kinda weird..

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar