Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Search not working

• davidnator
    Participant

@davidnator

Hello everyone, I recently installed bbpress to my wordpress website and noticed that the forum search bar was not working at all. For example, if I search for a topic, only my blog posts show up and not any topics. I’m pretty sure that this is due to a problem with my theme because if I switch back to twenty sixteen, then the search bar works again. However, I don’t want to switch back to twenty sixteen for certain reasons. Does anyone know how to fix this issue then with the theme?

I’m using wordpress version 4.5.3, bbpress version 2.5.9, and my website is http://www.purposeshare.com/forums

Thanks,
    David

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• davidnator
    Participant

@davidnator

pls help

Robin W

@robin-w

This is probably because in the bbPress default theme package, there is a template called content-search.php. In some newer themes there is also a template of the same name. And since the bbPress templates don’t necessarily need to be in a bbPress folder, the bbPress plugin is choosing the template from your theme before the template that is actually in bbPress.

Copy content-search.php from the bbPress plugin templates and place it in a child theme in a folder called bbpress.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-search-only-showing-last-item/#post-175880

Functions files and child themes – explained !

So create a directory on your child theme called ‘bbpress’
    ie wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress

where %your-theme-name% is the name of your theme

find
    wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/content-search.php
    Make a copy of this file, and put in in the directory called bbpress that you created above, so you end up with
    wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress/content-search.php
    bbPress will now use this template instead of the original

davidnator
    Participant

@davidnator

Yes I finally got it to work! Thanks so much Robin, I greatly appreciate it! 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem – glad you’re fixed !

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.