Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Search function not showing results

• JLicata
    Participant

@jlicata

Hi all. I am running WP 4.3.1, bbPress 2.5.8 and a custom theme at http://www.skywayacquisition.com. (I am not sure how to turn off the theme to test this fault with a bundled theme like Twenty Twelve…)

My forum is on a membership access site through Paid Memberships Pro.

In my forum, when doing a search in the forum area, the function recognizes that there are results, and says something like “Viewing 3 results – 1 through 3 (of 3 total)” and then shows me the “author” and “search results” headers and footers, but no content in between.

Can anyone help in a way a relative novice can relate?

If need be, and someone can help me understand, I can create an account to allow visibility to the site so you can see the actual situation.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hi,

To start: make sure you have the following option ticked:
    Settings > Forums > Forum Features > Search

I saw that some people installed advanced plugins like ‘Search Everything’ to get around this kind of issues.

Pascal.

JLicata
    Participant

@jlicata

Thanks for your response, casiepa. I checked, and I do have that setting checked.

I’ll look into the “Search Everything” plugin, but if there are any other options/solutions still out there…

Robkk

@robkk

(I am not sure how to turn off the theme to test this fault with a bundled theme like Twenty Twelve…

Go to Appearance > THemes and activate a theme like twenty twelve temporarily.

Also I think some other user has had the exact same issue with PMP Pro, I wonder if using the plugin could cause an issue.

I will test to see if it is causing the issue.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar