Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Search Function Doesn’t Include Forums

• adanoski
    Participant

@adanoski

I have WordPress 4.5.3 running AccessPress Pro theme on my site with the latest version of bbpress at 2.5.10.

I have the Search Function in my forum unfortunately the forum is not public. When I try to search, it only searches through the WordPress posts that I’ve created and not through the forum. I’ve searched with words that I know are included in the topics and topic names.

The search is doing the literal opposite of what I want it to do and what it says it should be doing.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I suspect that your theme or another plugin might be interfering.

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

adanoski
    Participant

@adanoski

I believe it worked on twentyfourteen and not twentyfifteen. We ended up finding the Theme Compatibility fix and that ended up fixing it.

Thanks.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed !

If you get a moment can you post a link to that fix to help anyone finding this topic at a later date.

adanoski
    Participant

@adanoski

Robkk

@robkk

@adanoski

Your issue could be related to what I detailed here. This happens in a good amount of themes now.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2966

Robin W

@robin-w

@robkk – nice one. So whilst copying all the templates to the theme fixed it for the OP, is the fix just to copy content-search.php to get

wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress/content-search.php

And does this work for all themes, or just this one?

Robkk

@robkk

@robin-w

And does this work for all themes, or just this one?

I just come across the issue in themes every now and then. Depends if the theme includes a file called content-search.php as well, like in TwentyFifteen and TwentySixteen default themes.

So whilst copying all the templates to the theme fixed it for the OP, is the fix just to copy content-search.php to get

wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress/content-search.php

Yes this would work as a temporary fix for bbPress forum users right now.

You can add a patch to the ticket I created if you want to create a possible fix.

I think possibly you would need to just rename the file on the bbPress end and that will do it, but there might be other instances in the plugin that would need a name change like in other additional template files, and possibly somewhere in the theme compat code.

Robin W

@robin-w

@robkk cheers !

fullmetalmikey
    Participant

@fullmetalmikey

Sorry to necro this thread, but just wanted to say that this issue is still occurring in 2019, but copy/pasting “content-search.php” into it’s own bbpress directory in your theme as described above will resolve the issue. Easy fix, thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar