Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

same header in bbpress – wordpress

• victorcastelan

@victorcastelan

I have integrated bbpress with wordpress without problems.

To have the same header in bbpress and word press I include

require_once(‘../wp-blog-header.php’);

in the config.php in bbpress, then I edit the header.php (bbpress) with some wordpress functions.

It’s runs ok, but the bbpress admin interfase can’t load.

There are some comments about?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• peiqinglong

@peiqinglong

Did you specify to load the admin interface? Make sure this line is inside your bbpress header somewhere: <?php if ( is_bb_profile() ) profile_menu(); ?>

I am having the same problem and I do have the <?php if ( is_bb_profile() ) profile_menu(); ?> in the header, it just resets, if i remove the require_once(‘../wp-blog-header.php’); it will log me in, other wise it just refreshes as if im not logged in.

ok I have removed alpha 1 and tried alpha 2, now it will log in however, when I click admin this is what I get Warning: require_once(../wp-blog-header.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rosebud1/public_html/forums/bb-config.php on line 2

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘../wp-blog-header.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/rosebud1/public_html/forums/bb-config.php on line 2

im confused because it does the wp functions in the header before I login so im lost.

ok I changed the require once to this code

$bb->WP_BB = true;

if (file_exists(‘../wp-blog-header.php’))

require_once(‘../wp-blog-header.php’);

else

if (file_exists(‘../../wp-blog-header.php’))

require_once(‘../../wp-blog-header.php’);

it got rid of the errors, however, now when i click on the admin link, after logging in, it just refreshes the page and does not bring me to the admin so now im exactly where victor is with his problem

I think it was pointed out by Sam that deep integration is still partially broken in Alpha2.

Personally I think that this will always be a source for potential problems and decided to just emulate my wp scheme in bbpress.

really the only functions I need is in my header the <?php wp_list_pages(‘title_li=’); ?> for my nav bar, and in my sidebar <?php wp_list_categories(‘title_li=’); ?> is there a way to do these functions in bbpress without loading the entire wp functions this way it may not be breaking. because its the require once wp functions that is breaking my login stuff

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar