Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

sambauers said: Problem with automated role mapping is now fixed in trunk

• how? Where? I think I have everthing setup okay, but everyones account on the bbpress side states:

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in /home/user/public_html/forums/bb-includes/functions.bb-template.php on line 2009

and shows the user as inactive??? Help, please.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Unfortunately I think Sam jumped the gun a little bit. He’s also said that he’s aware of the issues and that an alpha6 is on its way shortly.

Alpha5 did fix some potential security issues, so it’s good to use it anyhow.

Thanks for the heads up johnJames. Nice portfolio by the way…

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You bet. Thanks!

You shouldn’t be outputting errors to the screen. If possible send them to an error log.

Can you paste your line 2009 of bb-includes/functions.bb-template.php here?

Users created on WP – Role ‘Inactive’ on BB, can’t post.

Users created on BB – Role ‘None’ on WP. CAN comment!

There’s no ‘wp_capabilities’ being set UNTIL the user logs into the blog. And when it’s set, it’s set as this a:0:{} instead of a:1:{s:10:"subscriber";b:1;}

how? Where? I think I have everthing setup okay, but everyones account on the bbpress side states:

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in /home/user/public_html/forums/bb-includes/functions.bb-template.php on line 2009

This problem comes from 1.04. I have the same error whenever I want to edit an user;

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in D:wampwwwwordpressbbpressbb-includesfunctions.bb-template.php on line 2009

In line 2008 is this code;

// Keymasters can't demote themselves
    if ( ( $bb_current_id == $user->ID && $can_keep_gate ) || ( array_key_exists('keymaster', $user->capabilities) && !$can_keep_gate ) )
    $roles = array( 'keymaster' => $roles['keymaster'] );
    elseif ( !$can_keep_gate ) // only keymasters can promote others to keymaster status
    unset($roles['keymaster']);

The error goes away in bbpress trunk 1910 with 190 backpress but the re-mapping has no effect.

I reported here https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-0904-and-10-alpha-5-released/page/3

BTW, I have another problem; all new topics appear as started by “anonymous” user. I had the same problem in 1.04a, yo can check it here http://www.joseperdicion.com/foro/ it says “anonimo” (anonymous in spanish) in every topic.

okay,

line 2009

if ( ( $bb_current_id == $user->ID && $can_keep_gate ) || ( array_key_exists(‘keymaster’, $user->capabilities) && !$can_keep_gate ) )

$roles = array( ‘keymaster’ => $roles );

elseif ( !$can_keep_gate ) // only keymasters can promote others to keymaster status

unset($roles);

By the way–I don’t know if it matters, but everything does work now. I set all users to members and everything is functioning correctly.

Ok, I re-installed, and I cleaned cookies and now I can manually assign roles to users.

However, still not automatic re-mapping.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar