Categories
Search
Bottom

richer toolbar

• denaize
    Participant

@denaize

Hi

I’m looking for bbpress, it works well but toolbar lacks a bit of ergonomics.
    My members needs smiley, classical [quote] a quote[/quote] or [code]C code[/code] and picture/files attachement.

how do I get it ?

Thank you in advance

WP 4.3.1 and last bbpress

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hi denaize,

I did not try any of the below, but just to give you ideas:
    For the smileys you could try https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-monalisa/
    For attachments there is https://wordpress.org/plugins/gd-bbpress-attachments/

Hope this gets you started.
    Pascal.

denaize
    Participant

@denaize

Hi

I tried Wp-Monalisa but in admin i can see :

Please turn off Settings -> Writing -> ‘Convert emoticons like…’ to use wp-Monalisa smilies).

but I dont have this setting in worpress 4.3.1…

gd-bbpress-attachments is OK, thank you. Unfortunately that the pro version is too too overpriced…

If Wp-Monalisa has no worries, just BBcode are missing !

thanks

You are sure you don’t have it ? I have it as first setting, top of the page, called ‘Formatting’.
    Pascal.

denaize
    Participant

@denaize

here ?
    /mysite/wp-admin/options-writing.php

Yeah: Convert emoticons like :-) and :-P to graphics on display
    Maybe your Theme has it somewhere else. But if you don’t find it, contact the support of that plugin to get more detailed answers.

Pascal.

Robkk

@robkk

@denaize

for bbcode use gd bbpress tools. It does not modify the quicktags toolbar automatically but you can change the output of the buttons though.

I have to find my custom editor.js file so give me a minute to help you on that.

denaize
    Participant

@denaize

thanks

gd bbpress tools is not very interesting (no tool bar, no CODE bbcode). Your js will be great !

For writing option a tried with other theme…it’s the same 🙁

denaize
    Participant

@denaize

gd bbpress tools looks great solution. I would have bought it with pleasure but it is much too expensive with expensive renewal every year 🙁

Tecca
    Participant

@tecca

That’s one of the downsides of taking the WordPress – bbPress – BuddyPress route. Either you’re gonna shell out a lot of cash for great plugins, or you add most of the functionality yourself and take a lot of time doing so. I’m going with a mixture of both time and money. When it comes to buying one plugin — cool. Then you start buying three or six, and your yearly costs skyrocket for just one site.

denaize
    Participant

@denaize

It’s a shame. For 10x cheaper the author could 20 or 30x more orders…
    To be great BBpress need only an ergonomic and simple input interface adapted to non-IT (no tag and html code visualisation, direct entry and final appearance ) as an ultra simplified tinyMCE.
    + attachement of course.

Finally I got bored , wordpress is great but does not have a simple but ergonomic forum 🙁 or not free at all !
    I’ll take a little time for study how to improve the toolbar myself…but I am worried

Hi Denaize,
    Any extras around bbPress are welcome. Let me know if you scripted something, or upload your plugin/theme to WordPress.org so others can benefit from it also.
    Pascal.

denaize
    Participant

@denaize

with pleasure but my expertise is very limited ! I am an industry energy engineer…

I look at that yet :

Enable Visual Editor

Robkk

@robkk

@tecca @denaize

Yeah I hate any commercial items that require a yearly renewal of service. Is there anything you would like to see that is premium that does not have a free alternative??

@denaize

I forgot that in my editor.js file I hadn’t yet figured out how to customize the image and link quicktags. The guide you found will hopefully help, it will not add a bbcode toolbar though, but TinyMCE is good.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar