Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Results of the 2015 bbPress Survey

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• @mercime

@mercime

@netweb Thank you! Kudos to you and the bbPress core and moderator teams for your awesome volunteer efforts 🙂

Robkk

@robkk

Interesting survey results!! I keep forgetting to comment my thoughts on this!!

I am surprised that theming bbPress is split between all three of the choices listed, I expected most people to rely on their custom built themes and theme compatibility of bbPress like last year. So it seems not just developers/knowledgeable coders know how to use bbPress with any theme.

I can see there is a small increase of developers creating sites with bbPress forums for others, but a decrease in users creating themes and plugins. So at least more developers are interested in bbPress, but I bet once the plugin and theme development guides are finally up, that there will be an increase in plugin and theme development.

There is an increase in multisite usage of bbPress, which is good to see.

I believe Gaming, Academic, and Music site types could possibly use an increase in site types using bbPress.

Users contributing to bbPress has seem to have lowered quite a bit, which is not good. Hopefully there are a few things that can change that. People are joining slack though, so there is that.

Desktop and Laptop is being mostly used by users, while they seem to want a better mobile experience. I will keep that definitely in mind as times are changing, and people browse while on mobile more than in the past.

I am surprised unread replies and quotes have dropped a tad for being a requested feature, but there are some great plugins that can add that functionality.

People want bbPress topics to replace WordPress comments more than ever.

There is a lot more positive feedback on the comments left in the survey listed at the very bottom on this. Which is very good. I also think these comments are one of the most important parts to pay attention to of the survey.

http://mercime.github.io/bbPress-2015-survey-results/

@mercime
    thanks for doing a wonderful job with the survey. 🙂

@mercime

@mercime

@robkk Thank you. I had too much fun working on the graphs, it took me longer to post it 🙂 I’m already thinking of the next survey, lol.

Belated congratulations on being promoted as Moderator and thank you for accepting the call 🙂

Robkk

@robkk

Yeah I might suggest a few questions that should be in the next survey the next time you create a trac ticket for it. And thanks! 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Results of the 2015 bbPress Survey’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar