Categories
Search
Bottom

Resizing avatar size?

• dogwomble
    Participant

@dogwomble

Hey all,

I thought I’d post this here because I’m tearing my hair out and the only stuff I seem to be able to find is quite old so pertains to older versions.

I have a BBPress based forum set up at https://www.crispygeek.com/forums

Depending on who posts, the avatars can sometimes be a touch … gigantic shall we say. What I want to do is set the maximum size to, say, 48 pixels.

I’ve had some success finding a tag in style.css as part of my global theme. The problem is, this also messes up the images on my front page news feed. And while I am starting to get the hang of this, I’m still relatively noob when it comes to some parts, I’ve found some really old posts that suggest some changes, but they tend to confuse me as to exactly where I need to make these changes. I’m hoping someone is able to offer some guidance on what I need to do to get this going,.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

It seems that you have everything together now. I see your reply author avatars are exactly set at 48px now. If you still need help, point me to where the issue is occurring.

dogwomble
    Participant

@dogwomble

The problem I’m having is I’m getting things like this:

Red Dwarf XI Q&A

The avatar is still showing a lot larger than I want. If I’m to believe Chrome’s inspect element, it’s pulling this from my theme’s style.css:

img, video{ max-width: 100%; height: auto; width: auto; /* for ie8 */ }

I can modify this of course, which seems to fix the avatar size, but the problem is it messes up my front page news feed. I’m thinking there must be a way, but it seems to be escaping me.

Robkk

@robkk

Here is for the revision log avatar fix. You can remove the custom CSS you added earlier that I think you tried to fix this issue with. The reply author avatars looked fine yesterday, now today they look small at 24px.

use this code anywhere you can put custom css. I see that you are modifying the bbPress stylesheet, so hopefully you have placed that bbpress.css file in a child theme in a folder called css instead of editing core files.

https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/theme-compatibility/

#bbpress-forums p.bbp-topic-meta img.avatar, 
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-reply-revision-log img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-topic-revision-log img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums div.bbp-template-notice img.avatar, 
    #bbpress-forums .widget_display_topics img.avatar, 
    #bbpress-forums .widget_display_replies img.avatar {
      float: none;
      margin: 0;
      vertical-align: middle;
      border: none;
      width: 14px;
      height: auto;
    }

dogwomble
    Participant

@dogwomble

That’s worked for me perfectly. Thank you very much for that!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar