Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Reply to a reply notification?

• joym
    Participant

@joymoleta

Hello, I noticed that if someone replies to a reply there are no notifications sent. Is this the way this normally functions or is this due to some sort of plugin compatibility issue? With the nested feature I would think that replies would be part of that since that would indicate a conversation is ongoing.

Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• BBC
    Participant

@bbc

I have the same problem

Robkk

@robkk

hmm threaded reply specific notifications , any replies to the 1st level reply send notifications to that user sounds interesting.

Im not sure if bbPress really does this as i barely used the threaded replies feature.,but i think its only topics/forum subscriptions.

if you want you could hire a developer to make this for you.

post a job at http://jobs.wordpress.net/

i might make a trac ticket on this as a feature suggestion though.

@joymoleta

can you receive regular topic notifications??

joym
    Participant

@joymoleta

Maybe I wasn’t clear. Ideally, notifications should be sent to users for all replies to their started posts/replies. Having all notifications sent to the 1st level user might seem excessive and unnecessary.

The function of threaded replies is to offer a discussion between other users that may/may not be related to the topic they are responding to. With that being said, notifications would seem to offer better usability and increase interaction.

How about I hire you? 🙂

Robkk

@robkk

ahh i get what you are saying now.

maybe when we get @mentions and its notifications and that might be sort of what you are looking for.

im not that great at developing with php but im learning.

you could post a job at this site and hire a developer so they could create whatever you want though.

http://jobs.wordpress.net/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar