Categories
Search
Bottom

Reply Form within popup

• eVersatile
    Participant

@eversatile

Hello,
    I have been tinkering around with this trying to get it to work, wondering if anyone knew if it is possible or how to add the <?php bbp_get_template_part( ‘form’, ‘reply’ ); ?> line within a popup rather than on the topic page. I don’t want it on a separate page and have to choose which topic to link it to. I want to be able to click a button on the topic page in order to easily leave a reply on that topic. It can not be implanted on a separate page either calling onto a specific topic. It must be automatically generated when a new topic is created.
    Any ideas or wisdom?
    Thank you,
    David

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

this would require some custom development

i think you could do it fiddling with the reply form shortcode below

[bbp-reply-form]

but you have to make sure it gets the topics id first though im not sure.

eVersatile
    Participant

@eversatile

That’s what I’m trying to avoid. I don’t want to have to use the shortcode to call onto the id because it would have to be self generating when a new topic is created.

Robkk

@robkk

when i said the reply form shortcode because i placed it into my sidebar and inputted a reply next to a topic and it worked fine.

you might need to find a lightbox/popup plugin to enable popup on a class of a link and just place the link above the topic.

when user hits link , popup opens shows reply shortcode then its added to the topic.

but like i said this is some custom development.

eVersatile
    Participant

@eversatile

Makes since, but since it needs to be auto generated it needs to be php script within the template. Isn’t working out so well so far.
    What about if the form was on a different page with the shortcode, is there a way to show only the forums that the current user created in the dropdown menu?

Robkk

@robkk

i think you can bring information from another page using an iframe , which some lightbox scripts could use. Or you could just hide it with inline CSS then whenever the button/link with the class/id used for the lightbox is clicked it would display whatever you hid.

you could use the shortcode like i said , because i think there is some modal popup form plugins that could just make life easier and you could input that shortcode and maybe place a template tag/use a shortcode in the template to show the popup for the reply form.

you could use <?php bbp_get_template_part( ‘form’, ‘reply’ ); ?> in a template then configure your lightbox/popup code around that but you also need the PHP if statments so it doesnt show it to all users logged in or not.

other then what i sorta told you its still custom development , and you would need to hire a custom developer.

if you do have some ideas on what to use or code that you have been using but are quite not there you can try posting it and see if i can find some other information to help you or another developer from here can pick this up.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar