Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

"Reply" button

• AlexSpace
    Participant

@alexspace

Hello evrybody! Plese help me! I have to change “reply” button in header of user message in the forum.
    reply button
    I need to use this button for copy user nickname and paste it to textarea of answer(comments) with comma. Like this:

username,
    This is my reply to you. Thank you for reading this!

How can I do this? Thank you in advance!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

That’s some custom development work right there.

Beyond free support.

AlexSpace
    Participant

@alexspace

Maybe somebody did it before to their forum, because it is 100% needed button for all forums.

Robkk

@robkk

i can name two forums on the top of my head that has achieved this exact feature, but the developers have not shared how to do it (or at least i havent found it in the forums).

so yeah its all up to some custom development , either you go hack some quote plugins like bbpress direct quotes and gd bbpress tools or you hire a developer to create something for you.

AlexSpace
    Participant

@alexspace

I have seen a lot of forums whith this feature too, but it wasnt bbPress. I even dont know where should I change a code, I cant find this function template. I think that I could write a code for the feature by myself, but I need to find the template.php.

Robin W

@robin-w

If I have understood you correctly you want to change the reply form you’ll be looking at

wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/form-reply.php which sets up the forum and on line 57 calls

bbp_the_content

this function is in

wp-content/plugins/bbpress\includes\common\template.php

line 1706

you’d probably want to write a filter fro that function

if you’re familiar with wordpress args parsing, bbpress does it in the same way

apply_filter (‘xx’ , ‘bbp_before_get_the_content_parse_args’)

and then write a function xx that adds you initial text to $args[‘before’] should do it

Don’t; have time to write and test it at the mo, but come back if you need further help

AlexSpace
    Participant

@alexspace

Thank you very much! I will try to do this.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar