Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Replies Not Visible

• DanaJoy2008
    Participant

@danajoy2008

I’m having another problem on my board: Topic posts are visible, but replies are not. They aren’t visible by the person replying, by the person who started the topic or by the keymaster.

I’ve disabled a few plugins without any luck. Replies were visible yesterday, and I don’t know what I could have done overnight to mess this up.

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• DanaJoy2008
    Participant

@danajoy2008

I should add, I’ve looked at other threads about this problem, and I’ve tried the wp4 fix from @robin-w to no avail. I’m not sure what to look for now.

Robkk

@robkk

it might be a theme issue, if you havent created a bbpress.php file please do so it usually fixes most common theme issues.

https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/getting-started-in-modifying-the-main-bbpress-template/

you can also link to your site and see if i can find any conflicting CSS that might be causing the issue.

DanaJoy2008
    Participant

@danajoy2008

Robkk, thanks so much for responding to me!

I’m still trying to figure out how to use an FTP client, so I pretty sure that I haven’t created a bbpress.php file. I’ve been trying to use FileZilla, but it’s not working as smoothly as I’d hoped.

My site is www.http://artintheblood.net, and the forum is www.http://artintheblood.net/forums. I really appreciate any insight you can offer. Thanks again!

Robkk

@robkk

you are using the newest version of bbPress right??

you didnt try to use a “bbpress standalone theme” and try to install that right??

because i see the layout on the forums are tabled when the newest version of bbPress uses lists.

DanaJoy2008
    Participant

@danajoy2008

I am using bbPress 2.5.5, which is the newest version, I believe.

I’m positive that I didn’t use a bbpress standalone theme. If it’s relevant, I’m using The Thinker Lite as the theme.

As I said above, I was able to see replies without a problem one day, and the next they were gone. I’ve wracked my brain to think of anything I might have done to inspire the change, but I can’t.

DanaJoy2008
    Participant

@danajoy2008

@robkk

I wanted to update that I tried changing the theme to Twenty Fifteen to see if it was an issue with the theme I had chosen. It didn’t make a difference.

Robkk

@robkk

@danajoy2008

i see you said earlier you deactivated a few plugins

Try deactivating all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

other than that work backwards and see what you couldve done to cause this issue.

DanaJoy2008
    Participant

@danajoy2008

@robkk,

You’re wonderful! I went right down the list, deactivating them all and then restoring them one by one. It was absolutely clear which plugin was the culprit!

I really appreciate all of your time and attention to help me fix this. Have a wonderful evening!

DanaJoy2008
    Participant

@danajoy2008

Oh, I suppose I should add here, for others, it was the bbPress Threaded Replies plugin. I would love to threaded replies, but that plugin was absolutely not working.

Robkk

@robkk

@danajoy2008

threaded replies is part of core now, go to settings>forums and check reply threading.

DanaJoy2008
    Participant

@danajoy2008

@robkk,

Excellent, thank you!

Sailee Paralkar
    Participant

@sailee-paralkar

Hello,

We have migrated the Forum to another server and have been facing a weird problem since then.
    Any Forum topic having more than 18 replies opens a blank page. Topics having less than 18 replies are showing fine.
    Even when we try to manually update some topics, when we cross the figure of 18 the page becomes blank.

Please suggest what needs to be done, this is a live forum and many posts are not visible since past 4 days.

Thanks,

Sailee.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar