Categories
Search
Bottom

Replies Created Tab Showing Full Posts

• sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Hello!

For some reason the “Topics Started” tab (on profile pages) works correctly, showing only the titles of forum posts. However, the “Replies Created” shows the full post.

Since these are private forums, I’m concerned about the general public accessing these posts.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Here’s a sample link: http://bellynsoul.com/members/admin/forums/replies/

(Please ignore the css issues- I’m in the middle of customizing.)

Thanks so much!
    Sharon
    bellynsoul.com

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Hmmm since you have a private community you might need to make your BuddyPress member profile pages private, or at least the replies created part (which there might be a plugin for this)

suggest you contact BuddyPress support and see what they can tell you.

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Hi Robkk!

I was hoping I might hear from you! 🙂

I’ve actually had this problem long before I installed Buddypress (which was just a couple of days ago).

I do use the “Private Groups” plugin, however, this problem seems to be directly linked to BBPress. The Private Groups plugin only hides the content after you click on the title link (directing you to a private page). However, since these are full BBPress forum posts, the Private Groups plugin is not kicking in.

Does that makes sense?

Thanks!
    Sharon

Robkk

@robkk

I think the private groups plugin only hides the actual forums on their page , and not what could be on the users profile in BuddyPress.

You can contact Robin on his plugins page support forums to verify though, he might even tell you the same that I said above.

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

I’m not really having an issue with Private Groups (as I once thought). I realize that plugin would work fine if the “Replies Created” link was not showing full posts.

Any idea how to get the Replies to only show the titles?

Thanks again!
    Sharon

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

P.S. And I’ve already been talking with Robin too, which made me realize that’s not where the problem is…

Robkk

@robkk

Are you sure you just want the titles , it is just going to say Reply To: Topic Title.

Plus if it was a private community I wouldn’t even let them see the titles on your profile , or even the profile for that matter.

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Actually, I would prefer NOT to have the profiles visible to anyone other than members of that particular forum. But I couldn’t figure that out either…

Is that possible??

Thanks SO much for helping me figure this out, Robkk!

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Oh, but please let me explain my idea about the title only… I was only referring to the “Replies Created” tab on the profile page. I would want full posts on the actual forum! 🙂

Robkk

@robkk

oh okay , well you still might need to contact BuddyPress support for this ??

Maybe a BuddyPress profile subnav visibility control plugin would be need if it exists??

I would’ve maybe pulled out some CSS for you, but your theme doesnt have a logged-out body class.

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Thanks, Robkk!

I’ll look into this further and see what I come up with…

Robkk

@robkk

Found this snippet earlier this week, this should help not allow guest users to see BuddyPress Profiles.

/**
    * Redirect buddypress and bbpress pages to registration page
    */
    function kleo_page_template_redirect()
    {
        //if not logged in and on a bp page except registration or activation
        if( ! is_user_logged_in() && ! bp_is_blog_page() && ! bp_is_activation_page() && ! bp_is_register_page() ) {
            wp_redirect( home_url( '/register/' ) );
            exit();
        }
    }
    add_action( 'template_redirect', 'kleo_page_template_redirect' );

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Sorry to take so long to reply- this one slipped by me!

Thank you SO much, robkk!!!! 🙂

Robkk

@robkk

I guess you can also remove the feeds too. This reply has code to remove BuddyPress feeds.

https://buddypress.org/support/topic/hiding-bp-pages-from-non-logged-in-users-tried-several-solutions/#post-243627

bbPress feeds are tough though. THere is a post here showing a function to hide feeds (it also includes sitewide feeds for blog posts too). You can also use the plugin disable feeds too.

Private posts showing in RSS feed & Widgets

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Very interesting… Thanks for thinking of me, robkk!

I also found a snippet that bypassed the feed page altogether, which is working out well. I’m still thinking of dropping Buddypress and just keeping BBPress for the sake of simplicity. It’s turning out to be not quite as useful as I thought (for what I am needing)…

Thanks again!
    Sharon

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar