Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Removing Dividers When Viewing a Category

• DeanGrey
    Participant

@deangrey

The image shows “The Pub”, “Introductions & Farewells”, and “Suggestions & Ideas”. These are all part of the category “General Discussion”. What I want to do is remove the part that is crossed out in red in the image as it is unnecessary.

Any help would be appreciated. I have been tinkering at “loop-forums.php” for a while now with no success. pastebin

My site has access blocked to guests so if you want a temp account just say so and I will pm you info. I am using WordPress 3.8.3 and bbpress 2.5.3.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• tharsheblows
    Participant

@tharsheblows

Hi – I think this is being / was discussed on trac a while ago. I have a solution I use there but it is specific to my needs and is one of those pieced-together-on-the-fly things. You might find Bob1nz’s files in the last post on the thread more helpful.

Sorry if I’ve completely misunderstood, but hope that helps some.

DeanGrey
    Participant

@deangrey

What the image shows is already using Bob1nz’s provided code. Bob1nz’s seems to not correct the issue like Lynq’s does. I am aware that Lynq has made some code available on github but I don’t know what to modify to get those to go away. I have worked my way to getting everything else the way I want it, this is just the last piece.

tharsheblows
    Participant

@tharsheblows

I’m not quite clear on your code, so can’t help with the last piece.

As I mentioned, I did it differently and specific to the forum I was working on which has categories with forums but no sub-forums and one single forum without a category. I don’t think this will help you unless you decide to try something different but this is what I did – in loop-forums.php replace the while loop with :

<?php while ( bbp_forums() ) : bbp_the_forum(); ?>
       <?php if( !bbp_is_forum_category() ) {
         bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'single-forum' ); 
       } else {
         bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'single-categories' ); 
       } ?>
    <?php endwhile; ?>

and then I made a loop-single-categories.php https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/1958/loop-single-categories.php

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar