Skip to:

Removing Dividers When Viewing a Category

• DeanGrey

The image shows “The Pub”, “Introductions & Farewells”, and “Suggestions & Ideas”. These are all part of the category “General Discussion”. What I want to do is remove the part that is crossed out in red in the image as it is unnecessary.

Any help would be appreciated. I have been tinkering at “loop-forums.php” for a while now with no success. pastebin

My site has access blocked to guests so if you want a temp account just say so and I will pm you info. I am using WordPress 3.8.3 and bbpress 2.5.3.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• tharsheblows

Hi – I think this is being / was discussed on trac a while ago. I have a solution I use there but it is specific to my needs and is one of those pieced-together-on-the-fly things. You might find Bob1nz’s files in the last post on the thread more helpful.

Sorry if I’ve completely misunderstood, but hope that helps some.

What the image shows is already using Bob1nz’s provided code. Bob1nz’s seems to not correct the issue like Lynq’s does. I am aware that Lynq has made some code available on github but I don’t know what to modify to get those to go away. I have worked my way to getting everything else the way I want it, this is just the last piece.

I’m not quite clear on your code, so can’t help with the last piece.

As I mentioned, I did it differently and specific to the forum I was working on which has categories with forums but no sub-forums and one single forum without a category. I don’t think this will help you unless you decide to try something different but this is what I did – in loop-forums.php replace the while loop with :

<?php while ( bbp_forums() ) : bbp_the_forum(); ?>
       <?php if( !bbp_is_forum_category() ) {
         bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'single-forum' ); 
       } else {
         bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'single-categories' ); 
       } ?>
    <?php endwhile; ?>

and then I made a loop-single-categories.php

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar