Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove or Edit: Sorry, this forum is for verified users only…

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Clint Mallon
    Participant

@cmallon

Is there anyone out there that can help me with this request?

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, but very long and quite confusing questions.

you url would be very helpful so that we can see what your issues are.

on # 1 – where are you seeing these? – on shortcodes, widgets or where. Please describe current process, and what you would like to happen.

on #2 – need a url so that we can see

Clint Mallon
    Participant

@cmallon

Hi Robin,

Not sure what was confusing about my questions? I’ll try and make them a bit more clear.

1. The only place within bbPress that says: “Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue” is on the page after clicking on a topic if you’re not logged in. This is what needs to be edited and I can’t find the php code to edit this.

I need to edit the text that’s contained in the yellow box because the default links to Login and Register take you to the default WordPress login and register screen. I don’t want that and would like to:

A. Remove the links altogether and just leave the text.
    B. Edit those two links to lead to my front-end Login / Register pages instead.

In other words, If you go to the default forums page, after clicking on a forum you are taken to the discussions page. If you’re not logged in, at the bottom is a yellow box that says “You must be logged in to create new topics.” This is fine because it not only says exactly what I want it to say, it doesn’t have links to Login and Register.

Next step…

After clicking on any of the listed discussions, you are then taken to the topics within that discussion. If you’re not logged in, at the bottom is a yellow box that says “Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue. This is the text that I need to edit because the login and register links don’t take my users to the pages I want them to go to. Instead of the front end login and register pages that I’ve created, these two links go to the default WordPress login register. I can’t have this.

How can I:

A. Remove the links altogether.
    B. Edit the links to lead to my front-end Login / Register page.

Thank you so much for your time!!

Cheers!

Clint Mallon
    Participant

@cmallon

Here’s a link to the page:

http://dfa.clintmallon.com/forums/topic/2014-dfa-convention/

This is a subdomain for a website that is about to go live over the weekend so I need to change this asap and note that this subdomain will probably be deleted after the website goes live.

Thanks again for your time.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, that text is nowhere in the default bbpress that I can find!

Are you just using bbpress or do you have buddypress installed as well?

Clint Mallon
    Participant

@cmallon

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your quick reply!! I’m only using bbpress because I don’t need all the added functionality that buddypress provides.

I really need to figure this out and I have searched Google and can’t find the answer to this question. I need the functionality that bbPress Provides but I can’t have people clicking the Login or Register links on that page. It’s very unprofessional to see the WordPress Login screen when everything else is done on the front end of the site.

Is there anyone else that we can get involved on the bbPress team that could maybe help us out with this issue?

Cheers!

Robkk

@robkk

you are using this , which has a custom theme for bbpress

which is mainly for envato marketplace plugin or theme authors support

https://github.com/syamilmj/Supportte

to change the text go to meta-private.php

here is an example

https://github.com/syamilmj/Supportte/blob/61eff729838a28d0b88d6aeab6352a5368687ab8/bbpress/meta-private.php

makes sure you have a child theme , and put the bbpress templates to your child theme so it could be safe for upgrades.

Clint Mallon
    Participant

@cmallon

Robkk,

You’re the man!! I will work on this tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!

Clint Mallon
    Participant

@cmallon

Robkk,

This worked perfectly!!!! THANK YOU!

For anyone that is looking to do this, the following text below is what I saved in my notes:

“There is a custom theme for bbpress which is mainly used for Envato marketplace plugins or theme authors support. The link can be found below:

https://github.com/syamilmj/Supportte

Find meta-private.php with in the bbpress folder – The text can be found here:

https://github.com/syamilmj/Supportte/blob/61eff729838a28d0b88d6aeab6352a5368687ab8/bbpress/meta-private.php

Open FTP or File Manager and create this path:

public_html > wp-content > themes > YourTheme or YourChildTheme, then create a new folder called bbpress (all lowercase!!).

Inside the new bbpress folder, create a .php file named meta-private.php (you can find any .php file inside public_html, duplicate it, move it inside the bbpress folder, then rename it and replace the text inside with the default text below).

<div class=”bbp-template-notice not-logged-in”>
    <p>Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please “>Login or “>Register to continue</p>
    </div>

You can edit this to reflect whatever you’d like. I changed mine to:

<div class=”bbp-template-notice not-logged-in”>
    <p>Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue.</p>
    </div>

Now that it’s inside your theme or child theme, this text is safe for upgrades and the Login / Register links are no longer links!!”

Cheers, Robkk!! Greatly appreciated!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar