Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove Headers?

• alanchrishughes

@alanchrishughes

I’ve gone through every single theme file in the plugin, I even deleted the entire bbp-themes folder and still can’t figure out where the file exists so I can remove the header stuff that says like the forum title, Home > Forums > Forum Name, This Forum Contains X Topics and X Replies, etc….

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Those functions are spread throughout a lot of the bbpress files. There is no single place that you remove them.

to help out a little, the breadcrumbs are output on the theme via the function.

<?php bbp_breadcrumb(); ?>

If you remove that function from all the template files then the breadcrumbs are gone. You can do that for admin notices as well as forum notices.

alanchrishughes

@alanchrishughes

So it is in the functions.php file?

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

I’m going to guess that you are following the directions at

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-20-theme-compatibility

The steps where you copied all the plugin theme files over to your currently active theme and activated bbpsupport.

*If you don’t do it that way, and make changes to the actual plugin files, then you will loose the changes every time bbpress updates

**No – the function above is found throughout the bbpress theme files themselves. The ones I am guessing you copied over to your theme

alanchrishughes

@alanchrishughes

I don’t care about that, I’m just trying to find where those lines are.

You have to follow the loop and delete them from multiple files.

Delete this code: <?php bbp_breadcrumb(); ?> (from all files)

If you don’t understand how it works you can also hide this menu by CSS.

Add the following code at the bottom of the /css/bbpress.css stylesheet.

.bbp-breadcrumb { display: none!important; }

It will hide this menu on every page.

alanchrishughes

@alanchrishughes

Well that is what I have been looking for though, you guys say just remove the breadcrumb from the files or the pages, but like I said these files don’t seem to exist any where, like I said I’ve deleted the entire theme folder and they are still there haha, how is that possible???

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar