Categories
Search
Bottom

“Remap existing users to default forum roles” not working

• Prabin
    Participant

@prabin04

Hi,

I’m using both bbPress and buddyPress in my site and in the “forum topic” page, even the subscriber/user can edit/mark spam the topic. But I want only administrator to have those feature.

Here what I tried,

1. In the forum setting, assigned default role to “participant” and in forum repair tools, I checked the “Remap existing users to default forum roles” checkbox and repaired the Items. ( but didn’t work )
    2. I tried uninstalling all the other plugins and repeated the process 1 ( Still didn’t work )
    3. I tried switching theme and again repeated process 1 ( Didn’t work 🙁 )

Am i missing anything ? Please help !!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Prabin
    Participant

@prabin04

No one??

Robkk

@robkk

sorry Friday through Sunday you can expect slow support responses.

it should be like that by default , participants shouldnt be allowed to mark topics spam, they can edit but for whatever time you have allowed in settings> forums.

you can answer these questions to help me help you.

has this issue always been there when you first installed bbPress?
    did you import any forums and this issues has started?
    did you install any plugins that modify s the capabilities of users?
    is your default WordPress role for registration a subscriber in settings>general?

Prabin
    Participant

@prabin04

@robkk , thanx for your reply. The user role value in database is not updated. So I had to change the value directly from database to each user. That’s not a solution though.

Robkk

@robkk

well okay did you just change a users bbPress role from something to another but in your database it keeps the original role>>

do you have any steps for me to recreate the issue??

Prabin
    Participant

@prabin04

this is still a issue for me, because i have to update the role of new users everytime from the database when new user register to my site.

I found the the table inside database where it user role was coming, we need to change wp_capabilities value inside wp_usermeta table. This was the final solution to my issue.
    Keymaster value : a:3:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;s:13:"bbp_keymaster";b:1;s:9:"translate";b:1;}
    Participant value: a:2:{s:10:"subscriber";b:1;s:15:"bbp_participant";b:1;}

however, the value differs from site to site.

Robkk

@robkk

How do your users register through your site?? Do they use the normal WordPress login forms, or do you use the bbPress shortcodes , or something different??

Also do you have multi-site??

Prabin
    Participant

@prabin04

i don’t have multi-site. and i am using custom registration form for new user, also if I create new user from back-end (i.e. new user ), still the default role of user is “keymaster”

Robkk

@robkk

If they get the keymaster role make sure you disable registration til you get this fixed.

can you please answer these questions so i can narrow down what the issue might be??

has this issue always been there when you first installed bbPress?
    did you import any forums and this issues has started?
    did you install any plugins that modify s the capabilities of users?
    is your default WordPress role for registration a subscriber in settings>general?
    have you had a large amount of spam lately?
    have you had any security issues lately?

Right now i cant tell what what causing the issue?? It is either some capability plugin settings that are messed up , or that you have been hacked??

Prabin
    Participant

@prabin04

Hi @robkk
    Here are my answers :
    1. I haven’t imported any forums, and this issue wasn’t there berfore ( I think ).
    2. I haven’t modified core plugin and there is no other user capability plugin in my site.
    3. Yes default WordPress role is “participant”.
    4. Nope, not spam.
    5. No any security issue detected till now.

Robkk

@robkk

This is mysterious then.

Maybe someone else will pick up this topic , I have no idea what could be causing it.

If no one picks this up , I will contact the devs and see if they know a related bug that i do not know about.

Prabin
    Participant

@prabin04

yeah same here , I have no idea what is causing this isssue. may be server itself or other issue. anyway thanx for giving time to look into my issue.. 🙂

Robkk

@robkk

@prabin04

Ya still got the issue Lionel??

I see noone picked this up so if you are still having the issue I will post a link to this to the Devs and see if they have any ideas.

If it is mysterious to the Devs then I will recommend you to hire a developer as a last resort to fix this mysterious issue.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar