Categories
Search
Bottom

Registration shortcode no password field

• flippyr
    Participant

@flippyr

Hi everyone,

Looking for some assistance here,Instead of using WordPress facing registration page/ login page i have made a page that has login, registration an d lost password shortcodes. However during the registration process, i cannot get the user to specify the password therefore there is a need for approving admins to go create a password then email the user. Any ideas?

I have looked at many forums, plugins but haven’t got very far. Many thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

most registrations email the user an initial password, which they can then reset once they have logged on, so no need for admins to get involved.

flippyr
    Participant

@flippyr

Thanks for the reply Robin,

I have sorted this now. basically i was using the shortcode and couldnt see the password field however once i went into bbpress settings and set a register page and activation page. BBpress then generated the needed components and the registration page.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed !

Robkk

@robkk

once i went into bbpress settings and set a register page and activation page.

This sounds like you went to BuddyPress’s settings, you can use BuddyPress’s register form.

For a login page you can place the bbPress login shortcode in a page and it should work.

For a lost password page I guess you can use the lost password shortcode but I do not know if it works correctly or not, or it just redirects to the WordPress lost password form.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar