Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Registration after Integration

• deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

I’ve married my wp2.7 and bbP 1.06 successfully (i think); all the login/logout cookies are playing nice.

Regarding registration, I can register though WP but not bbP which just reloads the registration page (remembering entered values). Is this correct or should registration still work from both sides?

Once logged in I am able to access profiles on both sides. How are people dealing with this? Are you sending your users to the WP or bbP side to see and edit their details?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

Also just noticed that when I log in my profile status changes to ‘inactive’. When I log out it changes back to ‘member’. Even though it states inactive I have all the powers a member has.

Anyone else noticed this?

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

just found this post regarding the ‘inactive’ thing, although their fix hasn’t fixed my issue.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/successful-convert-smf-gt-phpbb2-gt-bbpress#post-14831

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

found the problem. I had this in my bb-config

if (file_exists(‘../wp-blog-header.php’))

require_once(‘../wp-blog-header.php’);

else

if (file_exists(‘../../wp-blog-header.php’))

require_once(‘../../wp-blog-header.php’);

to bring in wordpress powers.

Without it the status stays the way it should. How else can I bring in “wp_list_pages” without requiring the wp-blog-header.php?

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

Can someone just confirm that user registration should work through bbPress after integrating WP2.7 and bbP 1.06a?

…and if so why mine isn’t!!??!!

tomdebruin, user integration does work. I can register on either one, but I don’t pull in the wp-blogheader at all, I just recreated my theme and hard coded the page links.

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

Ipstenu – thanks for replying. On another test installation where I’ve been experimenting with integration the registration is working fine through bbP. Not sure why it wasn’t on the other installation I was running.

i have the same problem. i am the keymaster, but after requiring the wordpress header, i show as ‘inactive’, even though i can still post. my profile has not changed and my permissions are fine.

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

@circuit – I had the same problem when importing the wordpress header. It is not recommended to import wordpress as it causes unexpected errors like the one you have seen. It is advised to use plugins to replicate wordpress functionality – although I have not seen one to date.

At the moment I am faking my wordpress theme in bbpress.

I presume future versions of bbpress will allow deeper integration.

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar