Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Recalculate the position of each reply results in blank screen

• oyegigi
    Participant

@oyegigi

Hey y’all. I’m trying to import a bbpress forum from one site to another and am experiencing troubles getting my replies to show up. I’ve imported .xml files for my forum, topics, and replies (I had to separate out my replies into batches bc it was so large). In my admin section it shows that there are 442 published replies however none show up on the table. I’ve tried “Recalculate the position of each reply” in Repair Forums but get a blank screen every time.

I tried increasing my execution time in .htacess by adding php_value max_execution_time 900 and still nothing.

Any suggestions on how I can get this replies to show up? Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

There is a known issue with the Recalculate the position of each reply repair tool, even once it times out can you run it again? In theory the tool is working correctly but on larger batches it times out, running it again resumes from where it left off.

oyegigi
    Participant

@oyegigi

So should I just hit the back button and run it again? I’ll give it a try.

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Yes

Gomle
    Participant

@gomle

I can confirm this. If you read this and hope to find an answer – this will most likely cheer you up 🙂

I had just imported 175.000 posts.
    And was at the stage on reparing afterwards: Recalculate the position of each reply

I changed the server setting to allow 512MB of processes. And time out to 800 seconds.
    I still received MANY server errors during the repair.
    I got no information at all from the script what was going on, and if it kept on going when I just reloaded the page, and pressed “REPAIR”-button everytime I got an error.

After about 10 tries, it finally got through with a success message.
    Just to be sure, I ran the repair one more time, and it worked for about 30-40 seconds, and I got the same success message.

All other repairs went smoothly.

Good luck 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar