Categories
Search
Bottom

Quicktags out of line

• Nellples
    Participant

@nellples

Hi there,

Having installed by first bbPress and quite loving it I do have a problem, for some reason my quicktags are all in a vertical line (see image) and not in a nice tidy horizontal line.

Quicktag problem

Does anyone have a solution at all please?

Thanks,

Nellples

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

link to your site.

Nellples
    Participant

@nellples

Robkk

@robkk

@nellples

make me a user account too since i can only see the quicktags toolbar if im logged in

i dont need an admin account i think a simple subscriber account should work fine.

Nellples
    Participant

@nellples

Thanks Robkk, I’ve setup a subscriber user account for you to login to the wp-admin.

Username – tester
    Pword- 1234

Many thanks

Robkk

@robkk

try this anywhere where you can put custom css

#bbpress-forums div.bbp-the-content-wrapper input {
    font-size: 12px;
    padding: 5px;
    margin: 0 2px 0 0;
    line-height: 1em;
    width: auto;
    }

Nellples
    Participant

@nellples

Bingo! Works much better, thanks so much Robkk you’re a superstar!

I don’t suppose you happen to know where the random ‘e’ character has appeared from above the Quicktags do you? I think its been there since I first installed bbPress.

Robkk

@robkk

im not sure about the e

have you been editing templates??

did your theme come with bbpress templates already in it??

but i did find this other little bug that shows the little checkbox thats right by Notify me of follow-up replies via email thats all awkward and what not.

#bbpress-forums fieldset.bbp-form input {
    margin: 0 0 8px;
    width: auto;
    }

Nellples
    Participant

@nellples

Thanks re the Notify me checkbox, much much better. I’v made pretty good progress in tidying things up so at least I’m getting there.

I’ve still not found how to deal with the strange ‘e’ character, I’ve noticed that if I remove some of the styling the quicktags bar replaces it (you can see the e when the page is loading then the quicktags bar replaces it). I can’t also seem to make the quicktags bar the correct width, always seems to over-run the width despite me trying lots of different styles etc.

I’ve also noticed my ‘Submit’ button is way further down the page and out of line with the ‘Tags’ input box, any ideas here too?

Thanks so much, Nellples
    Any further thoughts would be very welcome.

Robkk

@robkk

I’ve also noticed my ‘Submit’ button is way further down the page and out of line with the ‘Tags’ input box, any ideas here too?

thats normal , you can see it is aligned on bbpress.org because thats something custom.

bbpress.org uses this css …i guess you can go off of it as an example.
    but it causes an issue on smaller device sizes this will make it collide with the tags input.
    you will need additional media query css to make it look better on smaller devices.

#bbpress-forums .bbp-reply-form fieldset.bbp-form button {
    float: right;
    margin-top: -120px;
    }

I can’t also seem to make the quicktags bar the correct width, always seems to over-run the width despite me trying lots of different styles etc.

you can fiddle with the padding but the below css will not make it over-run.

#bbpress-forums div.bbp-the-content-wrapper div.quicktags-toolbar {
    padding: 5px 0;
    min-height: 30px;
    width: 100%;
    float: left;
    }

I’ve still not found how to deal with the strange ‘e’ character,

i asked if you edited any templates , i didnt really get an answer but if you did,

it could be an edited reply-form.php and a topic-form.php .

so if you already copied these files to your child theme, check them out and see if you left a stray character somewhere.

other than that i guess make a bbpress.php if you havent sometimes if users dont it adds some additional stuff that are only suppose to be on blog posts.

more info about creating a bbpress.php

https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/getting-started-in-modifying-the-main-bbpress-template/

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar