Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Questions about bbPM Plugin

• pagal
    Participant

@pagal

1. Is it possible to send an administrative PM to all members? ( Admin’s One PM to all registered members at once)

2. How can restrict the participation more then two members?

I mean I don’t want to provide users to add others users to participate in their private discussion.

I just need two members participation in one private discussion..

3.When a PM is sent by a User it generates an email to the User’s email address notifying them that they have sent an email. The User knows they sent a PM because they just sent it :) Can this be turned off? Of course, need to keep having an email sent to the recipient of the PM telling them that they have a PM to go and look at.

4. is it possible to add captcha in bbpm?

any help appreciated

cheers

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• pagal
    Participant

@pagal

Bump!, really need help…

or anyone have Ben L contact detail?, I think he is busy in these days, he still not active in his website from last week.

http://nightgunner5.wordpress.com

Or anyone else knows about these issues?

Thanks….

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Try again to contact him. I have a modified version of bbPM with 1), 2) and 3) but I don’t share it cause the nightgunner5 is active in this site.

Ben L.

@nightgunner5

zaerl, go ahead and share it. I won’t be offended. This is open source software, after all.

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

Yes zaerl! It would be a good addition. Share it please!

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

I’m sorry but my career of plugins creator has ended. bbPress development will end at 1.1. Given this I will not upload new plugins nor I will provide support for existing versions.

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

@ Zaerl, Please read this interesting Post by Ben L.

bbPress development is NOT ending

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

I commented on that last night, time differences must be working against us, here’s my (slightly edited) reply:

Howdy Ben,

Just as I was about to head to bed I saw your post (thats my excuse for the typos).

I think matey, it’s a tad of an over simplification, and I think you’ve actually missed bits yourself (rather than missed them out).

1) [edited as off topic]

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/extra-dropdown-field-in-registration-page#post-70307

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/block-users-by-their-names

2) It’s not the first time that Zaerl’s mentioned trying to contact you about the updates he made to the plugin. Its not a bad comment on yourself at all bro. We know how these things go. Its more… the work he did was done months ago, he didn’t only do it last week (not sure how clear that was to you)

3) It’s cool that you’re cool with someone updating your code. It’s awesome. Not everyone is, and I think it’s good of Z to check first. It’s also been a strange “week” since he said he’d ask, and todays post. Like… ALOT has happened.

4) Zaerl’s statement is “wrong” in your opinion. We’re still very much at the mixed signals stage. If you look at everything posted by “those in the know”, there is no definative clear cut answer. On one hand we’re given good news, on the other bad. Basically, take 2 days off from reading the bbPress forum, and you’re on the wrong end of the swing/roundabout.

Plus I have an email from my conversation with AndyNacin/PeteMall/JJJ which states categorically that [the plugin] “will be the only supported version of bbPress” (the email thread is very open and honest – i couldn’t apprecaite it anymore if i tried. I just don’t like to nor have permission to repost it) or this post from JJJ https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-plugin-is-born#post-71009

“This is the end of the line for the current implementation of bbPress?”

Yes.

Of course, there are other posts that suggest the opposite. It’s cool if you’re in the “everything will be OK camp”, jsut as much as it’s cool if Zaerl’s in the “no, it won’t camp”. But i don’t think anyone is categorically wrong.

5) bbP1.1 is further away from being released now than it was 8 weeks ago. After Matt wasn’t happy about releasing 1.0.3, telling ChrisH we had to wait for 1.1 to be finished, we bumped as much as we could from 1.1 to get the bug fixes in 1.0.3 out ASAP. If we’re not getting another bbPress standalone release for sure, then alot of them will have to go back into 1.1. If they go back into 1.1, I doubt it’ll be released before the Fall.

6) “And even if bbPress development was going to end, it’s open source, so just like b2/cafelog, a new project would spring up”

Thats very true mate. I’m sure it will. Doesn’t mean that Zaerl (or others) want to hang around here though.

7) You link to a post detailing _ck_’s “goodbye”. As much as _ck_ and I don’t see eye to eye on things, I can’t see one thing on her goodbye that doesn’t ring true.

Relax. We’ve done this before.

True Matt, but it didn’t inspire confidence then, it sure doesn’t inspire confidence now…

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

This is what happened. I said:

Try again to contact him. I have a modified version of bbPM with 1), 2) and 3) but I don’t share it cause the nightgunner5 is active in this site.

In my opinion a mere fork is a bad idea when the original author is still around. I have built zaerl Visibility on top of hidden forums cause _ck_ wasn’t active in the last X months.

Then the plugin has been announced. So I dediced that writing plugin will not be funny anymore. I have announced this in my 7 plugins pages:

bbpress.org/plugins/topic/zaerl-editor/page/2/#post-5992

bbpress.org/plugins/topic/zaerl-random-description/#post-5993

bbpress.org/plugins/topic/zaerl-visibility/page/3/#post-5994

bbpress.org/plugins/topic/zaerl-simple-registration/#post-5995

bbpress.org/plugins/topic/zaerl-url-preview/#post-5996

bbpress.org/plugins/topic/zaerl-post-permalink/#post-5997

bbpress.org/plugins/topic/zaerl-wordpress-3-integration/#post-5998

(no direct link in order to not be triggered as spam.)

That’s it.

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

Ok I’ve an Idea, hope it works….

Zeal you’ve done it, that’s great news.

Ben L. is really bzy in these days, with his projects, so it will be really time consuming matter to add new feature from scratch.

just for co-operation, can you share an idea what you did for admin mesg to all?

I hope Ben L, will quickly understand it and upgrade this plugin really soon.

Sounds good? What you say now Zearl dear? :-)

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

@Ben L.

Can you please rethink about this function please?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar