Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

purpose of activate component

• folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

I’m using weaver extreme, current WP install and current Buddy press install and BPress install.
    Over all the site is working http://www.autumnadvice.com/ and I think looks good. But I have a question about two components that I apparently have ignored.
    I can click repair and register and activate are labeled as none. I created a login/registration page and put the login shortcode on it and put it in my menu.
    When I link register to this page, and save, the page disappears from the menu and from the list of pages. I don’t see anything in the documentation about how to call or link to these functions but I feel I’m missing something that I should be doing.

I don’t see anything on Activate at all??? what is the purpose of it?

Also If anyone wants to give feed back on how I’m implementing so far I would love it.. I don’t see a listing but I think if the owner/moderators created a list of what they see as best practice forums, it would help us to get ours off the ground. If you had under pimp your press a separate topic where folks can say what they are using as plugins and CSS and so forth… might be there already but searching for it is not clear… Maybe I’m lazy.. 🙂 Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

The activate component I think you are talking about is part of BuddyPress. It is basically registration confirmation.

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

Well I created a page titled activate with nothing on it… I can’t find any documentation that details if there needs to be a shortcode on that page but mine is blank. I’m still getting new users but I don’t know what they are seeing. I created one user to see the process and I did see a 404 page. I still saw on the same page a link to continue the log in process…

This is the downside so far. In the Docs there should be a description of each of the required pages and what they do as well as what I need to do with them… I’m still not sure I’m doing this right.

http://www.autumnadvice.com

Robkk

@robkk

The activate component I think you are talking about is part of BuddyPress.

I can’t find any documentation that details if there needs to be a shortcode on that page but mine is blank…This is the downside so far. In the Docs there should be a description of each of the required pages and what they do as well as what I need to do with them

When BuddyPress is installed you will have a register page usually at yoursite.com/register/, and also an activate page so after you register you are required to activate your account usually here yoursite.com/activate/.

All documentation for the activate page would be on BuddyPress, in their codex.

Register and Activation Pages

There might be more documentation on the activate page, but I can’t find them if you want more information about it contact BuddyPress in their forums.

https://buddypress.org/support/

bbPress does allow shortcodes for registration, lost-password, and also for login, but none for users to activate their account. bbPress relies on how WordPress sets up registered users.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar