Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Proper Emoji Plugin

• guit4eva
    Participant

@guit4eva

Are there any plugins for emoji beside WP-monalisa? Unfortunately it causes problems with buddy press.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I think you can use emoji in the latest version of WordPress.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Emoji

🎅 👻 👹 👺 💩 💀 👽 👾

guit4eva
    Participant

@guit4eva

That’s correct, however I’m looking for a plugin that displays the emoticons at the bottom of the editor which can be inserted into the message by clicking on them.

Robkk

@robkk

Well then WP-monalisa is the best plugin for that. You may need to contact them for support since it says on their plugin page that the plugin supports BuddyPress.

PinkishHue
    Participant

@pinkishhue

I’ve not had chance to try it out yet but I think you could achieve this using some javascript like this example which inputs a list in to a textarea:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14444938/append-text-to-textarea-with-javascript

But instead of the list in the example you could have the emoji’s listed under your reply window.

I’m going to try something like this but I’m not quite at that stage in development yet. Will update if/when I get to it.

guit4eva
    Participant

@guit4eva

Thanks for that. I managed to sort out the WP-Monalisa plugin though: I had duplicate smileys, so it was causing it to lose the plot. It’s working great now! Let us know if you get around to your above quest, otherwise try out the monalisa plugin 🙂

PinkishHue
    Participant

@pinkishhue

Certainly will do 🙂

Robkk

@robkk

@pinkishhue

extra points if you make a quicktag button for bbPress that is similar to how the bbPress post toolbar plugin has their emoticons button.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar