Problems Following Implementation Guide Lines
I have version 2.0 but can’t for the life of me get my theme to be picked up. I have followed the guide here: bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-20-theme-compatibility as best I could but there are some things not well explained. This is what I have done so far:
1. Copied all the files from /bbpress/bbp-themes/bbp-twentyten/ and placed into the root of my theme (wp-content/themes/mytheme/)
2. Copied the .js and .css files from the /bbpress/bbp-themes/bbp-twentyten/css/ and /bbpress/bbp-themes/bbp-twentyten/js/ folders into the root of my theme (wp-content/themes/mytheme/)
3. I also copied the content of style.css from the bbp-twenty-ten theme into my own css file, which also sits in wp-content/themes/mytheme/
4. I copied the entire contents of functions.php from the bbp-twenty-ten folder to my own theme functions.php, which also sits in the root of my theme folder.
All that displays is the ‘Forums’ header but no content.
What am I doing wrong? Have I placed something wrong somewhere? Should I have copied the whole bbp-twentyten folder itself into the root of my theme folder? What is that first page that gets served up when hitting http://www.mywebsite.com/forums/? Is it page-front-forums.php and should that be sitting in the root of my theme as it is currently?
I’m also confused my the functions.php where it says:
// Setup the theme path
$this->dir = $bbp->themes_dir . ‘/bbp-twentyten';
// Setup the theme URL
$this->url = $bbp->themes_url . ‘/bbp-twentyten';
Following this, I’ve tried copying bbp-twentyten folder into the root of my theme, but still nothing.
Yours, quite confused.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.