Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

problem with installation

• When I installed bbpress I am trying login in to administration but its imposible with this code

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php on line 186

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressfunctions.wp-object-cache.php on line 108

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpresspomomo.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocsbbpressbb-includesfunctions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampplitehtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.wp-taxonomy.php on line 581

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampplitehtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampplitehtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.wp-auth.php on line 273

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampplitehtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampplitehtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.wp-auth.php on line 273

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampplitehtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampplitehtdocsbbpressbb-includesfunctions.bb-pluggable.php on line 232

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

errored when installed

Those are just warnings and will not prevent bbPress from running. There are lots of warnings and notices and deprecated messages with PHP software. Normally in a production environment you would not see them. The messages you’ve posted are not errors, they’re just noise which you can suppress.

chucklehead

@chucklehead

I have the same issue, and clearly many others from the looks of a google search.. the TRAC ticket here (https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/1187) just dies. Is there an update?

Also, and this surprises me, I have put the following in my bb-settings.php file: ‘error_reporting(0);’ and yet I *still* get one remaining error: ‘Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocslamplightercommunitybb-settings.php on line 186’ and I cannot Admin the bbpress installation (it also returns the same error). At this point I have no choice but to abandon bbpress. :(

Any help is appreciated. I am running bbpress 1.0 and wordpress 2.9. Let me know if there is anything else needed to diagnose

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You could use an older version of PHP or host it somewhere else. I know that trac ticket is being looked at.

chucklehead

@chucklehead

Sorry for the repeated posts: I also tried:

This: ‘error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED); ini_set(“display_errors”,”On”)’

and this: ‘error_reporting( E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED );’

and this: ‘if ( !defined( ‘BB_ERROR_REPORTING’ ) ) {

define( ‘BB_ERROR_REPORTING’, E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED );

}

error_reporting( BB_ERROR_REPORTING );’

None of these worked. I get down to one remaining error still displaying and no access beyond that error at /bb-admin.

Thanks again. I’ll watch the ticket.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar