Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Private Threads?

• arathra
    Participant

@arathra

I know that there are plugins which will allow certain replies to be marked private and made viewable only to the original poster and admin, but is there a way in which this can apply to an entire thread?

Can a user start a thread and make the entire thread private to them and admin only? It’s for a help-desk scenario.

Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

my private groups plugin will allow you to set up forum where users can post threads, but not be seen by others

Private groups

and look at topic permissions

arathra
    Participant

@arathra

Thanks for the suggestion, but as I understand it the plugin creates private forums for groups. Since I want to have the possibility for people to mark threads as private between the OP and admin, this would mean having potentially thousands of forums, one each for every user.

I was hoping for something like the “hide message” plugin except allowing a user to mark the entire thread as hidden rather than just a single message.

arathra
    Participant

@arathra

It wouldn’t be the same ticket thread. Perhaps I’m not explaining myself clearly.

I want a forum entitled: HELP DESK

Within that forum people can start threads – some will be open to all to view and contribute to, but sometimes the user who begins the thread will mark the thread as PRIVATE and in that case the thread will only be viewable by the user and admin and not by all.

Robin W

@robin-w

It wouldn’t be the same ticket thread. Perhaps I’m not explaining myself clearly.

The previous comment was spam promoting a dentist site which I have deleted, so ignore that.

On private groups.

You would set up a group say called ‘users’

You would set up two forums – one public where public posts can be posted as per standard bbpress, and then one that belongs to the private group ‘users’ which you set up above.

Users are joined to users group either manually or by default.

You then enable topic permissions opn the private forum, and set the topic permisisons for that group to Create/edit OWN topics. Users will only see their own topics and any replies posted.

If just keymasters are responding, then they will see all topics on that forum. If others will be responding, then set up another group and make them able to see the whole forum.

arathra
    Participant

@arathra

Ah, now that sounds interesting. Let me try that – thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar