Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Posts with multiple pages

• beardownarizona

@beardownarizona

I’ve noticed when you click on a topic with multiple pages in these forums, it still takes you to page one….is this the default for bbPress? If so, is there a way to change it so the user is always taken to whatever the last page is? (ie. if the topic has three pages, the link from the forum takes the user to page three).

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Try using the magnificent _ck_’s unread post plugin. Works for me. I made my unread posts darker and bold in the topic list, and when you click on them, they rocket you to the most recent unread post.

Note: Unread is NOT the same as undead…

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

I don’t recall if this is in the stable version 0.9, but in 1.0 on the default themes when you click on the “freshness” column in the topic lists you go to the last post (on the last page).

the last page/last post isn’t the same thing as the first unread post in the thread.

on our site, we really need the link to the discussion to take each user to the first unread post in that discussion.

can anybody suggest a function which would allow me to do this?

it doesn’t on our forum

http://www.copsandrobbers.net

it marks threads with unread posts, but clicking on the thread takes you to the first page.

apologies. its working like this (we think):

1. If you click on a thread you have not read since the upgrade, you’ll go to first post.

2. If you click on a thread you have read since the upgrade, and there are new posts, you’ll go to new posts.

3. If you click on a thread you have read since the upgrade, and there are no new posts, you’ll go to first post.

ideally we want #3 to take us to the LAST post instead. is there a quick code change for this?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

To make it always link the past post change line 105

from

if ($up_key!=false && $up_last_posts[$up_key]!=$topic->topic_last_post_id) {$link = get_post_link($up_last_posts[$up_key]);}

to

if (!empty($up_key)) {$link = get_post_link($up_last_posts[$up_key]);}

I might make that a feature.

I suspect it’s going to make your queries per page go up much higher though.

FANTASTIC! we’re all very happy now. thanks so much for that, and for getting back to me so quickly.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar