Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Populate reply with @username

• joym
    Participant

@joymoleta

Hello everyone, can anyone help me to implement this?

When you reply to a forum response, it takes you to the text box, but you still have to copy + paste the @username if you want to tag them in the reply. I have added the fix to use the @mentions system with bbpress(from buddypress) but users still need to manually input the names and it also only works when using the text box(not the visual) so it’s a bit confusing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Mahalo.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

im sure when bbPress devs implement the @mentions scripts into bbPress they will have a way for it to work with the visual editor , well depending on their stance to implement the visual editor by default too.

if you really want the @mentions script from BuddyPress to work in the visual editor in bbPress you might need to hire a developer.

post a job at http://jobs.wordpress.net/

joym
    Participant

@joymoleta

Thanks @robkk, my bigger interest is having the reply-to author populate in the text box. That would be awesome so the notifications can be triggered. I am leery about posting jobs on there, I get a ton of spam when I have done so in the past.

Robkk

@robkk

Thanks @robkk, my bigger interest is having the reply-to author populate in the text box. That would be awesome so the notifications can be triggered. I am leery about posting jobs on there, I get a ton of spam when I have done so in the past.

Yeah it would be awesome , all i can do is reccommend extending the feature of @mentions when bbPress adds its own.

As for the spam maybe i shouldn’t reccommend that site anymore?? But you know what i meant though you can go to any freelance website you can find that has users experienced with WordPRess and bbPress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar